Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2007, 12:41 AM   #11
mum2kenna&lucas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Charlie's soap for CD

I've heard good things about Allen's..I haven't tried it yet.

Advertisement

stay at home mama to 2, and TTC #3!
ISO Only paypal right now
IHA BOOKS and DVDS For Sale!!
mum2kenna&lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 AM   #12
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I also had trouble with it. I thought my dd was allergic to fleece pockets and avoided them. She would get rug burn type burns whenever we would use pockets. But a mama on here suggested it might be the detergent. I stripped everything switched to country save and we have been rash/burn free since. Every baby just must be different. Mine is very sensitive.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:04 AM   #13
tsk_mum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by semicrunchy View Post
We use it in everything. No build-up, no stinkies, no rashes, nothing but good ol' clean laundry.

I use it for everything & it cleans and rinses well. I wash CDs in very hot water & I do add oxygen cleaner to my loads too.
I agree that I dont think any deteregents kill bacteria.

Charlie's doesnt have a scent at all but you can add essential oils.

I would actually like to try Allens but cant buy it locally ... may order some one day.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #14
Maddie&Jake'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Maddie'sMom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnah View Post
I also had trouble with it. I thought my dd was allergic to fleece pockets and avoided them. She would get rug burn type burns whenever we would use pockets. But a mama on here suggested it might be the detergent. I stripped everything switched to country save and we have been rash/burn free since. Every baby just must be different. Mine is very sensitive.
I heard too many of these stories to even try it. So that's my stance on Charlie's.
Maddie&Jake'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #15
kristiashley
Registered Users

My Mood:

We use Charlie's for everything including the dipes. I only add Bac Out to my load. I used Allen's and it didn't work for us, didn't get stuff clean. I have hard water if that helps.

Kristi, WAHM to three lovely little ones, DD (8) and DS (5) and DS (3).
kristiashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #16
Sabey-baby
Registered Users
seller

After almost a year of no problems, it started giving DS chemical burns. At first, like a pp, I thought it was the fleece in my pockets. I stripped over and over, hoping to take care of it, but things just got worse and worse. We even got a rx cream from the pediatrician it was getting so bad. I packed my pockets up and switched to only cotton, but the rash never went away completely. He even started getting bleeding sores on the top of his penis, making him scream when he peed . It was bad and dh was petitioning me to stop cd-ing all together. Then started reading on here all kinds of problems people were having with Charlie's, so we dropped it that day and I went back to regular detergent. Two washings later and the rashes and sores were completely gone. We also started having amonia and stink issues with Charlies (and I was doing bleach every month at the end) that didn't go away with the regular detergent completey. I switched to Dawn almost two months ago and my son's bum is as clear as it's ever been (he has eczema) and my diapers are crazy soft and have no smell at all. I loved the idea of Charlie's, not just environmentally but b/c they are small and the CS is great, but I will never go back to it for diapers. I feel so bad ds suffered for so long when the solution was so simple. JME.
1/10/03, 2/2/06, 7/17/08, #12/19/11
I sew.
Sabey-baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #17
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

My DD got a bad burn from Charlies, soap, and now that we've switched to A&H the dipes are so much cleaner, I never have to run them through more than once, and build up is much less. I'm not a fan of Charlies anymore.
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote