Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #21
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
I started having them at 5 years old. Food allergies are a common culprit. I lived near chicken houses when young and those were a trigger for me (i think from the ammonia smell). Also, I get one if I don't drink enough. And used to have them like clockwork twice during my cycle.
B vitamins and magnesium daily has cut the number of mine to very few.
My 12 yo gets them and uses peppermint oil when she first starts feeling it. Also marjoram essential oil helps because it is a vasodilator, which is exactly what is needed.
Hope she gets better soon.

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #22
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Also chemicals are a trigger for a lot of people. We only use natural household cleaners, soaps, lotions, toothpaste, etc. No lysol, air fresheners, etc. ( my last migraine was from my mil washing my clothes in Tide when we visited).

Last edited by snugglesnsunshine; 01-04-2013 at 08:38 AM.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #23
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:
Re: 8yo with headaches/migraines

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine View Post
I started having them at 5 years old. Food allergies are a common culprit. I lived near chicken houses when young and those were a trigger for me (i think from the ammonia smell). Also, I get one if I don't drink enough. And used to have them like clockwork twice during my cycle.
B vitamins and magnesium daily has cut the number of mine to very few.
My 12 yo gets them and uses peppermint oil when she first starts feeling it. Also marjoram essential oil helps because it is a vasodilator, which is exactly what is needed.
Hope she gets better soon.
How do you use the EO's? My ODD gets motion sickness and she dabs some behind her ears. Same, maybe?

And I agree about the chemicals. We did away with commercial cleaners long ago, and only use natural lotions, shampoo, conditioner, etc.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #24
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geez0pete View Post

How do you use the EO's? My ODD gets motion sickness and she dabs some behind her ears. Same, maybe?

And I agree about the chemicals. We did away with commercial cleaners long ago, and only use natural lotions, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
I rub peppermint where it hurts(temples, forehead) just make sure not to get near the eyes. Inhaling the oils is another way to get benefits. And also by mouth. I have a few I put in juice or in a empty capsule. I haven't been sick in about 4 years.