Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #11
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: RLR Disaster Help please!

got it. unsure about the rlr then.

I understand the no suds thing- but I know I had a problem with Country Save and my FL-- no suds, barely agitation bubbles, but the prefolds were still retaining. try the bathtub soak (it won't hurt even if I'm wrong). fill it with water and dump them all in. swish it whenever you think of it. Drain and do it again. But you may just be a BGE family now if this is a detergent issue, it will happen again. from what I've read you can rinse all day, but not really get enough water in to do the job (we had to go in an manually adjust our water level and now I actually get water--- but I still do a rinse on "delicate" each wash cycle to really get water in there.

Advertisement

c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
mrsbernstein
Registered Users

Thanks y'all!!

We have been a Planet detergent family since my son came home. We used Planet even before he was born! We use it on our clothes and his diapers.

For my diapers, (fitteds), I do rinse cycle, hot/cold wash cycle and 2 more rinses. Then the INSERTS go in teh dryer on HOT. Shells go on the line.

MrsB
mrsbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #13
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would consider switching detergents then to something that will get them clean so that you don't have to strip.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #14
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

RLR is nothing but a really strong version of something already in most "CD" detergents. My guess is you have wicked build-up that is causing a sensitivity reaction. Wash, wash, wash in hot until all the bubbles are gone. I also suggest switching to another detergent because it's obvious you're having a build-up issue and that's probably the cause.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #15
Mollysmomma
Registered Users

Ok, I have been cloth diapering for like 2 days. I inherited a big stash of fuzzibunz one size. I did an RLR soak/strip because my inserts were stinky. Ok so no more stink. Now my LO has a red hiney!!!!!!!!!!! :-( NOOOOO!!!! Maybe I didn't rinse enough??? In the same boat as OP looks like... Hhhhmmmmm...
Mollysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd switch to a regular detergent like Tide for a wash or two followed with lots and lots of hot rinses. Even bath tub rinses if needed if your washer doesn't use enough water.

Sounds like you have something built up on your diapers and they need to get stripped really well.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
Flutterbee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would do a hot wash with a squirt of Dawn and then several hot washes to strip back down to normal. Then proceed with your regular detergent and if you get stinkies again try a cap full of bleach with several rinses. I found that nothing ever worked as well and as easily as bleach, as reluctant as I was to use it. We also had reactions to BacOut and all the other recommendations we received to deal with stinkies before breaking down and using bleach.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #18
Mollysmomma
Registered Users

I have Dapple detergent. Very mild. That's what I've used on them to prep them...
Mollysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
mrsbernstein
Registered Users

Thanks y'all!

To the poster who said, "Wash until the bubbles are gone"...I have NEVER HAD BUBBLES! I don't have them with my regular detergent or even with the dreaded RLR. :-(

I have a F/L...so how does that work with adding a squirt of Dawn?

I know I sound like a spoiled child, but at this point, I really hate to add ANOTHER mix of soap/additive to the mix when the first two were such disasters. :-(

I am doing "regular" laundry now, but am open to rinsing like there is no tomorrow this weekend. Since I have never had bubbles, how many more washes/rinses would y'all do? Also, our hot water IS set on HOT...so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank yoU!

Mrs B
mrsbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #20
McDMom
Registered Users

Dawn in FL is bad news. It goes against almost every warranty and has been known to cause do many bubbles it can blow out your motor. Plus it's a degreaser so I doubt it will help if there is build up that's not grease. You need lots of rinses (with whatever cycle has the most water - might even be the delicate cycle), hot water and maybe a water softener if you have hot water. That allows the water to better rinse out build up. Probably not a bad idea to saturate them before rinsing too to make them good and heavy.