Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
JaciNoto
Registered Users

Baby sleep

I have an 11 week sleepless wonder on my hands. I go back to work working night shift next week and desperately need to see some improvement. He is still nursing 3ish times a night and it seems like more for comfort than nutrients since he falls asleep shortly after starting. He will not take a paci and does not seem to be able to settle himself at all. I'm getting anxious with work on the horizon. He is terrible at napping during the day as well. Open to suggestions about how to help him self soothe without crying it out.

Advertisement

JaciNoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby sleep

I'm here to see what everyone else says but Im right there with ya only mine is 6 mo I weaned my 3 yr old son a little after a year just to get some sleep bc he was the same exact way until I weaned. I would have liked to have gone longer than that but had to go back to work and needed some sleep. My only suggestion is to Co sleep for now if you don't already so that at least you don't really have to wake up all the way in order to nurse.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
ChocoMeijin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
As far as i remember, infants that you g still need to nurse at night for nutrition up until they're about 6 months, same for self soothing to sleep at night and naps. Unfortunately i can't help more than that, my DS is 21 months and is still up every 2 hrs to nurse! :/
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
jbelongi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby sleep

Have you read the book called "On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep". It has some good points on putting your baby on a schedule. I don't really buy everything in the book, but it really helped me to get my baby to sleep longer during the night. Also, as the doctors and nurses always say, feed your baby when they are hungry. This is the only thing that I don't like in the book. Yet it does work for some people. It just didn't work for my boy, he loves to eat. Also, if you do go with co-sleeping, they make special beds for infants that attach to adult beds.
jbelongi is offline   Reply With Quote