Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #1
Claire and Boys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Cloth on holiday/vaca

Who's done it? Is it going to be a pain in the a$$?

What did you take with you? The flight is only an hr away so not too bad. We are going for 10 days so will need to wash while there. I am thinking of taking my sandies for nights and using prefolds/flats the rest of the time as they are easier to pack. Then take my 2 wetbags for pailing. I will use a laundrette to get them all washed. We use wool for covers exclusively.

Any thoughts/tips?

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth on holiday/vaca

It's really not hard at all...I even used cloth while camping....the trick with that was keeping the dipes out of the hot sun once they were soiled...I used pockets...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
EmmalinesMom
Registered Users
seller

I've done it several times, and it was really no big deal. I took two zipper wetbags, one large pail liner (but no pail), plenty of dry wipes (just wet them as needed, even on the plane, etc.), and had one bag of dipes packed for the travel portion of the trip separate from the stash for the rest of the trip. (I used AIOs or pre-stuffed pockets for the part where we were in the car or on a plane.)

Once you're settled in your new spot, it shouldn't be much different than using cloth at home.

Have a great trip!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #4
kristiashley
Registered Users

My Mood:

We just did it on a two week vacation, but we were at my folks house, so we had their machines to use. I took some AIOs (mums bums) and pockets (haute pockets) and washed each night. It was easy and worked great. I took one large wetbag and two of my wetbags for the diaper bag. I just packed the dipes in the luggage and took what I needed on the plane. Good luck!

Kristi, WAHM to three lovely little ones, DD (8) and DS (5) and DS (3).
kristiashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #5
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i drove from Cincinnati,OH to Tulsa,OK with DD in cloth. not the whole way though. We did have sposies as it was a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG drive. but when i got there i intended to stay a week and i had my FB and AIO and wetbag, but i didnt stay as long as i had intended (only 3days) and so i didnt really dirty many dipes. We used sposies all the way home as i needed to get home asap. Would i do it again? yeah it was fun to show off her dipes.

For the holidays i have never CD, but i will hopefully (fingers crossed) have 2 babes in cloth this year and i cant wait!
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #6
mom2katie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We went on an Alaskan cruise about 1 1/2 months ago and took cloth. It was easy peasy. Just had to stay in 2 nights to get the laundry done.