Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Registered Users
stay dry liner

Is there anything out there besides the bummis fleece to add to a non stay dry diaper? I have a bunch of natural fiber fitteds and tehy just seem SO WET when I change them.

Since trying a few BG AIO's I feel like LO is not as comfy in her natural fibers so I want to either rotate them out or add liners. I do like how well poos are contained in the fitteds so I'd like to find a liner I like. I checked my local fabric store and they don't have anything remotely like the bummis material so I didn't bother trying to make my own

missrachelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
There's Imagine fleece liners from Nicki's, and I think there are Cotton Babies suede cloth liners. The fleece liners I have I just cut up a cheap fleece baby blanket

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
mamatoclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: stay dry liner

bum genius suede insert sock cut into 2 liners - pricey $3+ per insert sock. it's suede cloth is similar to athletic stay dry fabric, you could find some at a larger fabric store or maybe online/wahm store? i've never really looked but only heard about it from other mamas.
vansen19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
Lagoon Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: Nat1111
Kanga care and Blueberry both have fleece liners
__________________ Huge selection of cloth diapers in Canada!
Lagoon Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
Registered Users
Smile Re: stay dry liner

I made my own using liners using microfeece. It's so cheap and it wicks the moisture away from the skin so nicely! I can pick my own fun fabric, it doesnt pill so you can just cut it wi scissors. Just make sure it's MICRO fleece, not polar or any other kind!
Busymama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
Yes, I made my own as well-just from the thinnest fleece they had at Joann's. I'm pretty sure it wasn't officially micro fleece, but they still worked. I've also seen silk liners online in addition to those that others have mentioned.
Christine , married to M , mother to 4yo DS J and 2yo DD E !
Visit for thorough book reviews of young adult books
Visit my blog Why We Love Green to read about saving money while saving the earth! (Plus Reviews & Giveaways!)
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: stay dry liner

As far as microfleece goes, that is an option if you're looking for a stay-dry barrier. I actually really love microfleece liners because all my babies have had sensitive skin. I have both pre-cut "Knickernappies" brand liners I bought from a retailer at around $2.00 a pop. I also have some a WAHM diaper maker cut for me, and some I cut myself using yards of fabric I bought. [Micro] Fleece is a really easy fabric to work with because it doesn't fray, it's thin, and a little's a very forgiving fabric. You wash (you should pre-wash almost any fabric you work with), cut, and you're done-that's it! The time I spent (maybe an hour tops a few here and there) to cut the liners out of the yardage was well worth the money I saved by getting so many liners so cheap. The hardest part for many seem to be finding actual "microfleece". Fleece comes in different thicknesses and while the thicker ones are great for certain things, using the thicker fleece (like winter/polar) can cause repelling if you try to use it as a liner. The microfleece is the thinnest fleece and is the preferable fleece for liners. If you go the make your own route just make sure the fleece you get says microfleece. I also get "no pill" mostly so I'm not picking 1,000 little fabric balls off of all my stuff after a load of laundry.

I like to buy from because everything is clearly labeled and easy to find. I "save up" stuff until I have enough for free shipping minimum, and then use a discount code. I tried to find the microfleece I purchased but it's not there anymore, though they do have some cute Cat in the Hat microfleece currently for about $12.00 for a yard-or about the price of 6 retailer purchased liners.

In case you want to buy them already made here are a few options:
The ones I have:
bum genius brand:
Jamie: Kinda crunchy, very blessed mom to 5 & volunteer firefighter.
I love making a home for my man in uniform and my children.
Baby Girl due 01/05/16!
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote