Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #31
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: clothing sizes and cloth diapers

I guess I just don't get the whole idea of 'sizing up'. I put my baby in what fits her. If that's 24 months when she's 7 months old, then so be it. She's a big girl (her weight was consistently in the 100th percentile and height at the 50th through her first year).

If it doesn't fit over her bum, then it doesn't fit. I never thought of it as a specific act or deliberate method of finding her clothes.

Advertisement

editrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #32
linzerin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the great info ladies! I'm trying to get her closet ready and I'd like to get clothes that we will get the most use out of. I have lots of summer dresses once it starts to get warmer, and a lot of footed sleepers for when we are at home the first few months so I think I'll be ok.

Now we just have to wait until she gets here to see what size she will be!!
linzerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #33
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Weird because opposite of what a pp said, the BG FT's fit my DS the trimmest. he is 8mos. We don't do jeans or anything, just stretchy clothes. Sometimes overalls if they are bulky.
Onesies have to be one size up and usually the sleepers or rompers that are snpping or zippers in the legs have to be 2 sizes up. I think sposies are just so papery thin now days and even baby clothes are cut super trim to save money and it is the style (thin not chubby) so you have to accomodate for that.

if you look at vintage stuff even from 1990's (old Zutano, etc.) they are much fuller in the bums.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #34
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegyrl
Weird because opposite of what a pp said, the BG FT's fit my DS the trimmest. he is 8mos. We don't do jeans or anything, just stretchy clothes. Sometimes overalls if they are bulky.
Onesies have to be one size up and usually the sleepers or rompers that are snpping or zippers in the legs have to be 2 sizes up. I think sposies are just so papery thin now days and even baby clothes are cut super trim to save money and it is the style (thin not chubby) so you have to accomodate for that.

if you look at vintage stuff even from 1990's (old Zutano, etc.) they are much fuller in the bums.
BG FTs are trim on my 7mo DD too! She has super chunky legs and a skinny waist so it could just be her body type.... We love them though and they work overnight
Old 01-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #35
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not really. If anything one size, but for the most part no. It depends what type of dipes you are using and how trim/fluffy they are.

Sent from my iPhone- forgive the craziness
Old 01-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #36
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

DS has always been tall with a long torso, but lean, so I did not need to size up in pants, but I did need to size up in onsies, sleepers and rompers. Usually I bought sizes bigger than his age (at 3 months old, he was wearing 12 month tops and 3-6 month bottoms.
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When my boys were in diapers there wardrobe was mostly GAP and Nartji. We had no issues at all bc all of those clothes are bigger in the but area and fit perfectly with cds.

However I do have to go on the record to say I am not a fan of baby jeans. When they get older I like them but not 0-9 months and now companies are coming out with skinny baby jeans! Not a fan again.

That being said never had a problen with looser fit jeans and the Nartjie jeans were PERFECT for cds. Also I always had to use the elastic to tighten up the pants for my boys and still do.

For dd she is very tiny and I actually have to size down for her and everything still fits over her BG 4.0s
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #38
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD outgrew newborn size super fast. She was born at almost 9 lbs and was above her birth weight at one week (they lose some at first, supposed to be at birth weight by two weeks). She went through sizes really fast but breastfeed babies growth slows down around 6 months so growing out of sizes will slow down. I live in San Diego so we do a lot of leggings, which I had to size up because the cloth made the length shorter.
I found pants in a sweatshirt material but cut like pants with pockets from Old Navy that have a roomier bum! I love them! I sized up because she's almost 12 mos and they shrink in length to be perfect.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote