Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #21
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bumgenius, fuzzibunz, kawaii?

We have tried both Kawaii pockets and Bum Genius 4.0 and they are totally equal in my mind in terms of quality and durability.

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #22
bkanning
Registered Users

Thanks, I'm leaning towards buying the Kawaii on ebay and then selling the ones I don't use, they were a great deal. I'm also going to pick up some BG elementals and two FBs to see what fits best on my toddlers. I think that pocket diapers won't be a big hassle, though I've heard AIO's dry faster.

I just watched a tutorial for sewing your own AIO, it was a bit tempting! But I'm sure after buying all the materials it would cost me probably more than a Kawaii, especially when you factor in time.

When I was on the Jack be Natural site looking at thier diapers I noticed wool covers, that looks interesting as well, argh!

The research never really ends, does it .

Last edited by bkanning; 01-06-2013 at 03:56 PM.
bkanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

bumgenius were awesome for us, i liked fuzzibunz os for a minute then my ds outgrew them and the mediums were too big in the legs before he PLed. i have a kawaii i got off fsot, i love it but it would never fit a tiny baby. i absolutely dont like bg freetimes or elementals, they are weird. i LOVE grovia aios, wich are similar to elementals but dry faster, dont wear out as fast, fit better, and dont have a big hump in the butt because the soaker is only semi-attached. i have some cheap dipes on fsot right now and im sure others do as well, you can throw together a variety stash and then sell off what you dont like.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #24
swedishmermaid
Registered Users
seller

I've heard the kawaii don't hold up in the long run, also they are HUGE. I am using BGEs on my three week old and my 2 1/2 year old, and it fits them both well. The FB elite one size doesn't fit my older guy, it def runs small.
swedishmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #25
Momma.Currey
Registered Users

My Mood:

ok so i'm new to cd'ing and I have read that bumgenius is great to start with but they look like they are huge? I would hate to get some and then find that I can't put my daughter's clothes on her! They are also a bit more than the hubs and I want to pay. I think a pocket is a good idea but I don't know the difference between those and aio's and os's?

I'm sorta at a loss...
Momma.Currey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #26
vlswager
Registered Users

I have two FB sized dipes and those work great on my skinny 2yo, but I have not tried the newer versions.

I have one Kawaii that I bought used and that person bought it from the original owner. It doesn't work well on skinny kids but it fits my 13lb 4mo perfectly (but did not fit my then 1yo @13lb so it's all about the thighs). The Kawaii is my favorite pocket diaper and I want to buy more, it has held up great (being the 3rd owner, no issues w/ aplix or elastics).

I HATE my FLIPS so I can't imagine I'd like the BG's as they sseem to have the same quality issues and I can't justify the price.

You mentioned you heard AIO's dry faster...not true, they take the longest since it's all one piece. Pockets dry super fast and you can stuff with anything. I do not like microfiber at all so I use prefolds(infant size) or flats.

I have 2 in diapers and I wash everyday. I use pf's/flats and covers at home for economics and then pockets for outings or daddy. Good luck and congrats on the new little!!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #27
Momma.Currey
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you! What about ohkaty? Have you heard of them? You said that you really liked your kawaii. Would you recommend pockets for sure or maybe aio's?

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #28
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
My fb have held up & i bought all used. Few of them have pul have delaminated but rest ok. Several of mine were from first set that came out of fb before patent.

If you have good sized babies you should be ok with os. Mine went to 7 pounds then 30 pounds now & was fine & now fine plus still room to grow... chunky man.

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 07-03-2014 at 10:24 PM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #29
Momma.Currey
Registered Users

My Mood:

My girl is rather long and skinny. Will one size fit her? Or should I look into sized cd's?

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 07-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #30
vlswager
Registered Users

If you are thinking no to covers/prefolds/flats then I would suggest pockets over aio's only b/c of the drying time. There is no way even with two I"d be able to get all my dipes dry in time to use them unless I had a ridiculous stash(I line dry my covers/pockets). The stuffing can be overwhelming sometimes since you'll be adding a ton of laundry to an already full laundry schedule. I actually am on a short hiatus from cloth due to craziness and am still doing 2 loads at least every day with 3 kids. It's been kinda nice, but then I LOVE cd laundry