Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

Flip trainers, first impressions. Now with pics!

We got our flip trainers! They're SMALLER than I imagined. My 30 lb 2 yo is on second rise set and I had to loosen the waist a bit. Definitely not stuffable with a large prefolds. But infant prefolds fit really well! Super trim. We also have hemp flats to try. Hopefully he won't go through too many pairs of pants before he figures out the potty!

Advertisement

Last edited by MariaLA; 01-04-2013 at 08:54 PM.
MariaLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Re: Flip trainers, first impressions.

My son is the same weight. I am interested to see how you like them after using them for a bit esp w prefolds! I keep being tempted the buy a shell or two!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

I'll try and snap a picture.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got mine last week. I thought the elastic was all messed up. It's like there's none in the front by the rise, but it kicks in when the rise hits the legs. I assume it's supposed to be that way, though. I took 5 minutes and used a seam ripper to remove that velcro under the flaps because I didn't want to have to pull it apart to stuff the dang thing. A flip organic prefold fit in there alright, but yeah, a toddler prefold might be a stretch. I love the soft stretchy tabs.

DD is a bit over 30 pounds and tall and is on the middle rise setting. I don't PT using trainers, so it will be used as a cover.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
mammato2
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have flip trainers for my dd, shes 27mo, 26lbs and i find them huge! They barely fit her on the smallest rise, tightest setting, i was actually thinking about adding another set of rise snaps. She's tall and thin so i guess its her build and not the actual trainer thats the problem haha

Like me on facebook for a free discount code to the Etsy site!
mammato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammato2 View Post
I have flip trainers for my dd, shes 27mo, 26lbs and i find them huge! They barely fit her on the smallest rise, tightest setting, i was actually thinking about adding another set of rise snaps. She's tall and thin so i guess its her build and not the actual trainer thats the problem haha
I agree that they seem huge. My almost 3 year old is 32lbs (used to be 35 but got really sick over the holidays) and these are too big around his waist to use, they just fall down. He needs the middle rise to cover his backside, but the smallest rise to get it tight enough around his legs. I really liked them when he was 35lbs, but now that he's stretched out and slimmed down, they just won't work for us. I hope he'll gain the weight back quickly since he's almost fully potty trained now.
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

Almost 25 months, 31-32 lbs, 35 or 36 inches tall. This is on the second rise snaps, second waist size, though as they loosened up with wearing, I think we could go to the smallest waist. Stuffed with a generic infant prefold.

Sorry for slightly blurry pics.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
mammato2
Registered Users
seller
seller

Here are pictures of it on a 26lb, 36in, 27mo. Smallest rise, smallest waist, still could use a tighter row of snaps atleast on the side panels.

Attachment 129251 Attachment 129252

It looks goood, except the gapping on the legs still

Attachment 129253

Like me on facebook for a free discount code to the Etsy site!

Last edited by mammato2; 11-11-2014 at 08:28 AM.
mammato2 is offline   Reply With Quote