Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: question about this carrier on etsy....UPDATED WITH PIC

The link does not work anymore, can you link to the seller's shop on Etsy?

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
Thanks! It looks great

Is it soft and squishy?
it's a really nice, sturdy fabric. It's not super soft. I think I need to break it in of course. I'm thinking about putting it in the wash with some fabric softner. Washing it on delicate but I like it
SillyEllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyaks View Post
The link does not work anymore, can you link to the seller's shop on Etsy?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BaBySaBye

the seller is on xmas vaca right now but if you click on the different listings you can see the different carriers. It does have 1 negative feedback but it was from someone complaining about the shipping time. It's an international item so I assumed it would take a long time to ship anyways but really the shipping wasn't that long! she mailed it out the day after I paid
Old 12-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
Frogmama
I sell Great Baby Carriers!:)
Formerly: tlfoster15
sitesupporter
seller

The thing is she is probably selling them illegally in the US.... one reason prices on some US carriers have been going up is all the new safety testing/labeling requirements. Info on them is here http://babycarrierindustryalliance.m...nufacturing101 will forward her this info as well so she can check into them if she wants to keep selling to the US.
Frogmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #15
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogmama View Post
The thing is she is probably selling them illegally in the US.... one reason prices on some US carriers have been going up is all the new safety testing/labeling requirements. Info on them is here http://babycarrierindustryalliance.m...nufacturing101 will forward her this info as well so she can check into them if she wants to keep selling to the US.
you might as well shut down most if not all the carriers being sold on etsy then. Most of those people are stay at home moms and I doubt they do any of these testings. I inspected my carrier really well and it's made very good. I think when you buy from places like etsy or from someone that you know made them and wasn't made by a machine it's your responsibility to inspect your carrier and if you feel safe in putting your baby in it which I do with this. I'm glad this was an option for me since I can't buy a $200+ carrier. Wish money grew on trees but the fact that it just doesn't, This carrier is made of great quality at a reasonable price. I'm very happy with it!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyEllie

you might as well shut down most if not all the carriers being sold on etsy then. Most of those people are stay at home moms and I doubt they do any of these testings. I inspected my carrier really well and it's made very good. I think when you buy from places like etsy or from someone that you know made them and wasn't made by a machine it's your responsibility to inspect your carrier and if you feel safe in putting your baby in it which I do with this. I'm glad this was an option for me since I can't buy a $200+ carrier. Wish money grew on trees but the fact that it just doesn't, This carrier is made of great quality at a reasonable price. I'm very happy with it!
I don't think "most of the etsy sellers aren't doing any testing" at all. There are some very reputable sellers out there, on etsy and other places. Bean slings, kanga, o & a, bamberoo, kp, Kozy and many more are mama made! Even ergo and beco started out like that. I would research an etsy seller on tbw bc most etsy sellers don't give refunds if you decide it's not safe. Plus, you can get used carriers of some of the aforementioned brands for as low as $25
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #17
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
I don't think "most of the etsy sellers aren't doing any testing" at all. There are some very reputable sellers out there, on etsy and other places. Bean slings, kanga, o & a, bamberoo, kp, Kozy and many more are mama made! Even ergo and beco started out like that. I would research an etsy seller on tbw bc most etsy sellers don't give refunds if you decide it's not safe. Plus, you can get used carriers of some of the aforementioned brands for as low as $25
I think I was being a little dramatic by saying all lol. I know there are bigger stores on there that MAY do testing, I don't know. I shop on etsy all the time though and I know for a fact most of the carriers that show up on there are made from people out of their homes and they are not sending them out for testing. I've never seen a carrier for $25 that wasn't an infantino or bjorn but either way. I did research on what I wanted and I'll admit, I took a gamble with buying this carrier but I'm glad I did