Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
littlemouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another Hypnobabies Question... ;)

Anyone have a hard time scheduling in their light Switch practice? I am having such a hard time making sure I get all 5 in every day!

Advertisement

littlemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
Blueberry32
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemouse
Anyone have a hard time scheduling in their light Switch practice? I am having such a hard time making sure I get all 5 in every day!
Oh I've totally given up the practice 5x a day and the joyful affirmations cd. It's all I can do to keep up with the nightly scripts. Even so I always miss a night or two a week. I am just so exhausted and by the time I get my dd to sleep its all I can do to keep up with the bare minimum. I'm on the maintenance program right now and am just trying to think positive thoughts that it will work for me when the time comes.
Blueberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
littlemouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can usually get in a few light switch practices but tend to fall asleep during the scripts sometimes my husband walks in the room and I'm out cold drooling lol! anyone else have a problem actually falling asleep during the scripts?
Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think it's a problem to fall asleep, from what I've read. And the way she describes hypnotic amnesia is a lot like sleep, to me, so I assume I'm simply making the transition when appropriate. I usually "wake up" briefly when the track ends, to turn stuff off. I listen to it as I'm going to sleep every night, I've never been conscious for a full script.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #15
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I try to do the light switch practice while nursing DS down for his nap. Probably not doing 5 per day, but I do a few in a row while I'm lying there anyway.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been listening to my scripts during my kids' nap time after lunch...when I have a couple hours (usually!) of quiet/all kids resting time...it's my fav time of the day I have been rotating different tracks and I do usually miss some of each track because I "go out". And I haven't been practicing 5X a day either...but I do usually a couple before bed and then my mid-day practice time.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #17
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So how about the Brewer diet, all? I've been doing the daily checklist since September and am admittedly burnt out on it. So much daily tracking, with the diet, the exercises, the scripts, the affirmations and the practices. I could use a pep talk.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
littlemouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Tree_Grows View Post
So how about the Brewer diet, all? I've been doing the daily checklist since September and am admittedly burnt out on it. So much daily tracking, with the diet, the exercises, the scripts, the affirmations and the practices. I could use a pep talk.
There is no way I can eat as much protein they suggest in that diet. I tried for a few days and was feeling so awful by the end of the day I just wanted the day to end. I agree all of that tracking plus all of the other stuff they want you to do with hypnobabies it's easy to get burned....
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
About the Brewers diet....
http://navelgazingmidwife.squarespac...be-damned.html
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #20
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So interesting Mama...thanks for sharing this link! It's funny, I read through the chapter on nutrition and the biggest thing I have followed from it is to eat more eggs! I wasn't purposely trying not to follow what they recommended, but I just know I could only do so much...and following a specific diet (other than just trying to eat well!) would just be too much in my life right now! I think this is a great link to share with other Hypnomoms