Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #11
emilyinmichigan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PailPowder
If you have, or can swing, a Kinect my kids loved Kinectimals!(I think that's what it's called). My 7yo loves the Lego games. And my 5yo girl LOVES the Sonic classics game. We got it at Gamestop for I think $15-$20.
I second Kinectimals if you have a Kinect. Our kids are just barely 6 and nearly 4 and love to play the "kitty" game.

Also on Kinect, Veggie Samarii is a big hit here.

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Angry birds just released a game for Xbox. We love it!

My kids (5, 7, and 9) play Xbox and only play skylanders, and sports games like madden, nba, and FIFA . They love Mario but that's on wii.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #13
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
There's a really cool kinect sesame street game.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Our local library has tons of 360 and kinect games to lend. The one that came with my ods' kinect is fun (maybe its a sports one?) and some of the Lego ones maybe?
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyinmichigan View Post

I second Kinectimals if you have a Kinect. Our kids are just barely 6 and nearly 4 and love to play the "kitty" game.

Also on Kinect, Veggie Samarii is a big hit here.
My kids had the kitty one but always wanted the one with bears too...I hear its great.
Op if you are looking I have some I could sell or trade and a Kinect since our Xbox 360 went kaput
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #16
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have an xbox with Kinect. We only let our kids play games that require the Kinect. I don't allow them to sit with a controller. They must move. We have Just Dance 4, The Michael Jackson experience, The Black Eyed Peas experience, Disney land, once upon a monster. The dance ones are by far the best. They love them. The last two I am probably going to trade in.
doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 AM   #17
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: xbox 360 question

Honestly, my 6 yr old can't really navigate the controller well, so I can't see your girls having a good time with it. It's meant for much larger hands. If you had the kinect that would be ideal. Just dance is a favorite here, and redbox does rentals, I'd see what they gravitate toward before you invest a lot.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Honestly, my 6 yr old can't really navigate the controller well, so I can't see your girls having a good time with it. It's meant for much larger hands. If you had the kinect that would be ideal. Just dance is a favorite here, and redbox does rentals, I'd see what they gravitate toward before you invest a lot.
I think it just depends on the kid...my kids are 11,8,7&5 and having been playing with remote and Kinect since they were 3,5,6&9...the 3 year old at time couldn't get the controller a lot without help but finally learned it as he was determined since he wanted to play a game at my friends house...aka Spiderman...lol...he loves boys stuff like Spiderman, walle, etc but my girls veer more towards the other games but they do all enjoy call of duty to watch. Kinect was a favorite though I loved it offered a more hands on experience and got them up and moving...but they also have a Wii for that just hardly any games.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebk
We have an xbox with Kinect. We only let our kids play games that require the Kinect. I don't allow them to sit with a controller. They must move. We have Just Dance 4, The Michael Jackson experience, The Black Eyed Peas experience, Disney land, once upon a monster. The dance ones are by far the best. They love them. The last two I am probably going to trade in.
Can I ask why you don't like once upon a monster? We have a Kinect and I was thinking about this. The only issue with Kinect is how much space it requires. We can play wii sports all day with no issues but our Kinect tells us constantly to move back and there's no more room. Our loving area isn't really that small either.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #20
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: xbox 360 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnmomto3 View Post
I think it just depends on the kid...my kids are 11,8,7&5 and having been playing with remote and Kinect since they were 3,5,6&9...the 3 year old at time couldn't get the controller a lot without help but finally learned it as he was determined since he wanted to play a game at my friends house...aka Spiderman...lol...he loves boys stuff like Spiderman, walle, etc but my girls veer more towards the other games but they do all enjoy call of duty to watch. Kinect was a favorite though I loved it offered a more hands on experience and got them up and moving...but they also have a Wii for that just hardly any games.
Its not so much understanding how to use it b/c he's a pro (lol) as it is that his hands are too little to comfortably hit the right buttons at once. Maybe his hands are tiny compared to others?

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 01-06-2013 at 06:24 PM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote