Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Going to sleep is a fight EVERY TIME!

My 11 month old fights sleep every time I put him down for a nap or bedtime! This is recent behavior. Up until about a month ago he would take a bottle, and go to sleep without crying at all. He would talk for a little bit but then would fall asleep. He has never slept through the night, but when he would wake up in the middle of the night he would take a bottle and fall asleep right away. Now, he fights me about the bottle and then fights me about going in the crib. I try to rock him to sleep but he just pushes me away. He goes to sleep on his own after about 5 minutes of crying but it's stressing me out!!! HELP!!! It's worse in the middle of the night which is why I am asking for help!!!

Is this just his new way of falling asleep? Will this stop?

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Going to sleep is a fight EVERY TIME!

I could not stop by without offering hugs. I have no advice. My baby is breastfed asleep and we cosleep. I hope he goes back to his normal routine soon!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aw thanks!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

My child has to cry himself to sleep. He cries/whines for just a minute and then he is out. If I try to go in and comfort him or rock him to sleep it is 100 times worse. He's just very independent.
busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Some kids just need to get the stress out. If 5 minutes of crying puts him back to sleep, and he doesn't want to rock, I'd put him in the crib, give him his 5-10 minutes, and let him go.

My 3rd child hates rocking with a passion. She wants her cup and fusses for a couple minutes, then goes back to sleep. If you try to rock, it is an hour long ordeal and she won't fall asleep anyway, and you still end up with her screaming for the hour that you try to hold her.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok this is what I thought. So should I just give him a bottle/sippy in the crib and let him be or should I just let him be in the middle of the night?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd do one thing at a time.. so if you're going to let him be, keep the bottle. Don't take 2 things at once.

My child was also one of those 'tension releasers'. She did not want to be messed with, but put her down and she might fuss for 5minutes and she might not. But she got tired of being rocked to sleep at 6 weeks and would fight me every step of the way until I would just lay her down.

it makes sense, I like a little alone time before I drift off. why wouldn't she?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok we will see how it goes tonight! He didn't take a bottle before he went to sleep but he's getting over a stomach flu so not too worried about it.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #9
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

Hope tonight is going well mama! 11 months is about the age my lo stopped lettin me rock her. Now she and I lay on the couch together while she has her night night bottle (futon in her room b/c it is also the guest room) and them I put her in her crib. Sometimes she has to fuss a bit. Or she will bounce in her crib until she falls down from exhaustion. LOL. There was also a short phase where she didn't want me to hold her, but she flipped if i left the room so I would hang out on the couch for about 10 minutes or so. It is hard when they decide to change our routine, but it will work itself out soon I think! Good luck!

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #10
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey<3Gavin View Post
Hope tonight is going well mama! 11 months is about the age my lo stopped lettin me rock her. Now she and I lay on the couch together while she has her night night bottle (futon in her room b/c it is also the guest room) and them I put her in her crib. Sometimes she has to fuss a bit. Or she will bounce in her crib until she falls down from exhaustion. LOL. There was also a short phase where she didn't want me to hold her, but she flipped if i left the room so I would hang out on the couch for about 10 minutes or so. It is hard when they decide to change our routine, but it will work itself out soon I think! Good luck!
I think we have the same baby!