Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My midwife who's also a mom of 10, told me to pee as bent over as possible so your pee runs away from where you are most traumatized. I maybe took her to literally, I peed with my head at shin level for weeks lol but it definitely stung less.
Also to drink a big glass of water every single time you sit to nurse the baby, helps with everything

Advertisement

Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
emilyluvscloth
Registered Users

Re: Best pregnancy/L&D/post partum advice youve gotten?

As far as labor and delivery - I wanted an unmedicated birth and the best advice I got was not to fight the contractions! It's so easy to tense up the rest of your body when you're going through something intense like that, and constantly reminding myself (and having my husband gently remind me) to relax my other muscles - one group at a time - was by far the best technique!
emilyluvscloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #23
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The water in my bathroom takes forever to warm up, and cold water in a peri bottle is NOT pleasant. I got a plastic electric tea kettle for $10 at Family Dollar/Dollar General and it was so wonderful after my last two babies. So if your water takes forvever to get warm, get one.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

-Bradley instructor told us to sneak food into L&D room... easy things that DH could pick off bites for me and the nurses wouldn't know. We were stuck in there for over 24 hours and honestly without those Luna bars I would have DIED
-Have a supportive birth partner. Without DH's 110% support before, during, and after labor there is no way things would have gone as smoothly as they did (and there were ups and downs). He prevented many, many PP crazy hormonal mama meltdowns ;-)
-Look up the numbers for/get in contact with local LLL BEFORE LO arrives. It made it so much easier to call later (in tears).
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #25
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you choose to breastfeed, make sure to keep water by you every time you nurse. For some reason, as soon as baby latches on, you also become thirsty. Also keep a burp rag, and your phone next to you because the phone will ring as soon as you sit down.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #26
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah'sMama View Post
My midwife who's also a mom of 10, told me to pee as bent over as possible so your pee runs away from where you are most traumatized. I maybe took her to literally, I peed with my head at shin level for weeks lol but it definitely stung less.
Also to drink a big glass of water every single time you sit to nurse the baby, helps with everything
hehe, I heard this and did it too and it worked. Glad no one could see me though.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pregnancy: Sleep, listen to your bodies rhythms, chiro care, eat very small meals (1/2 or my norm.) Enjoy this sacred time!

L/D: Get a Doula!

Post-Partum: Sleep, don't worry about the mess, don't try to entertain visitors or stay awake for them.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #28
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeachee View Post
YES.
Best wisdom shared with me.... when I was first pregnant I was asking everyone about what labor feels like because, well I couldn't really imagine it. An old crazy waitress I worked with said to me, "Mae, its like trying to poop out a bowling ball...." and that was the description I found to be most accurate. LOL

My advice-
Buy an extra bottle of Dermoplast Pain Relieving Spray, tucks pads and Advil so you don't have to go to the pharmacy when you get home.

Make sure you take the booger sucker home from the hospital with you, the ones from the hospital are 1000% better then the ones you can get in the store!
Whoa! What is dermoplast?!? And YES to the Tucks pads
Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
callejon87
Registered Users
seller

Just heard one-rubbing alcohol gets out dry erase markers and permanent markers off skin, clothes and other surfaces. And don't buy crayons that don't actually say washable because many aren't actually washable!

Mama to Myra (Jan '13), FPIES
callejon87 is offline   Reply With Quote