Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ultrasounds getting gender wrong?

Team green = no panic. I had so much anxiety with my first, despite it being incredibly obvious that he was a boy... I am a huge planner, and HAVE to know, but with my last pregnancy and this one, I decided the 100% certainty only comes at birth, so that is when we will find out.

Advertisement

Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
samham
Registered Users
seller

This happened to friends of ours a few months ago. They were told a boy and 4 weeks later found out that it was a girl. Not sure how they guessed a penis on a girl, but they were pretty upset about it. Happy of course but he had his heart set on boy.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We also know 3 different people personally who were told they were having girls and out came boys.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I personally know 2 people who were told they were having boys and ended up with girls. It can happen both ways.

The most recent one I know of happened from a 20+week ultrasound about a year ago. The other was several years back and I don't know how many ultrasounds they had.
I am thinking this is me I totally feel like I am having a girl! The tech said she couldn't tell and then a couple minutes later told me boy...but I was 15 weeks and she didn't seem sure. I have another ultrasound in 3 weeks and I am gonna ask them look again.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #15
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it tends to happen in earlier ultrasounds. We had a friend who had theirs around 17-18 weeks. They were told they were having a girl. It was quite the surprise when they had a little boy. They had NOTHING gn. We were all scrambling to send them clothes for him.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
This is my biggest fear! I have had one ultrasound that said girl but I am having a hard time believing it. Tomorrow I have my anatomy scan so we will see what they say

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #17
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmommytobe View Post
This is my biggest fear! I have had one ultrasound that said girl but I am having a hard time believing it. Tomorrow I have my anatomy scan so we will see what they say

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I, honestly, think they are pretty darn accurate unless you get a really newbie tech or something.

Can't wait to hear the confirmation tomorrow!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #18
jen_alessi
Registered Users
seller

This happens more often when they are done too early. Also they are more likely to get girl wrong than boy.
jen_alessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #19
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my best guy friend from high school was having a boy, totally confirmed and then his wife's water broke early (27wks) and she went in and after trying to stop it, she gave birth to a very healthy, very tiny little girl. We were all scrambling to switch up gendered stuff (this was last fall, btw, not years ago)
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #20
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think everyone know someone that knows someone that this has happened to, it isn't common but it does happen. I think it more commonly happens with inexperienced techs, most of them saying things like, " I think it might be a blank" or "it could be the cord but I think its a blank". If you are an experienced tech you would know its not just looking for somehibg or the absence of something, genitalia look different. I went in with my sister when she found out with her twins and the tech showed us everything, she showed "this is the penis here and the scrotum here" we felt very reasured that she knew what she ws doing.