Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Doll house rec. for a 6 year old

My daughter will be turning 6 in a few weeks and has expressed interest in a doll house. I have looked at the plan chalet and it looks good. I think it comes with everything.

I would love to hear what others would rec. TIA

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Doll house rec. for a 6 year old

After lots of shopping around we ended up with a $60 set on craigslist with all the furniture. It's similar to the one you are looking at - all wood. But it's a discontinued Battat model (what a shame, it really is a nice set with a car and everything).

Ryan's room had a couple of models I really liked. Their "Home Again" model has an extension so you can just have the base of the house and if it ends up being a hit, you could later add the bottom floor to make it much bigger.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ultimately you know your dd best and her preferences so she may not have the same peferences as my girls. My MIL always wanted a wooden dollhouse with wooden furniture so she lived out her dreams wi my girls. She got a nice plan house for my girls and a bunch of furniture. We got rid of the fisher price my first doll house when we got this - which my girls loved and played with all the time. My girls NEVER play with the wooden doll house - total waste of money. They like the house - it is the furniture and people they don't like. They like more realistic looking stuff. If I had it to do over again I would have MIL get the same house but get the fisher price loving family furniture. It would have gotten a lot more play.

So my opinion is get whatever house you lime buy get plastic furniture and people. But your dd may not care what her furniture or people look like.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We ended up going with the Fisher Price Loving Family dollhouse. I really liked the wooden ones, but the cost difference was significant.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter has a colorful wooden dollhouse and my kids have a shared vintage Fisher Price dollhouse. Both get played with daily. The furniture make the house for her so we went with furniture that looks real, like pictured below. If your daughter likes the looks of the chalet house, then I'd go with that.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote