Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #51
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

I purged five items from my laundry area (including a couple partial bottles of old detergent I don't like). I am also very excited that I moved a small cart out of my dining room and into the laundry area. The cart was a microwave stand, but I just used it to hold glass baking dishes. I never liked it in my dining room as it didn't match other furniture and just took up space. I finally found room for the baking dishes in my kitchen cabinets, and was able to get the cart moved out of my dining room!
The rooms in my house are small, and I am realizing that the less stuff and furniture I have in them, the larger the rooms will look....duh...took me awhile to realize this

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #52
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 12/31-1/4

YAY, I'm so excited that I got through all the challenges for this week tonight! I feel like I'm getting my momentum back! I can't wait for next weeks challenges to be posted.
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #53
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thursday 1.3.13: Purge 5 items from your pantry. Check expiration dates!

I was lazy so I am backtracking. I actually have recently purged the kitchen so I skipped that day thinking that I honestly wouldn't have much to purge. Well I was COMPLETELY wrong. I still had expired stuff that I just didn't think to check the dates on. I tossed some stuff from the fridge and freezer then hit the cabinets. I think in all I tossed about 25-30 items. I had so much flour, cornmeal, sugar etc but a lot of it was expired. Now I have more cabinet space! I also had fun acting like a kid and putting food down the garbage disposal. Oh and I have a few more bottles to add to my craft stuff...purge from one area and add to another

Friday 1.4.13: Purge 5 items from your laundry room.

My laundry room is pretty sparse so there wasn't a lot to purge. I did toss an old jersey in the goodwill, put DDs gymnastics leo whereit should go but mostly moved some stuff around. I organized the cloth diapers that was on the shelf. I need to get them cleaned up so no point in moving them. I straightened my cleaners also. I decided to take this little rack I had in there and move it so I was able to move my laundry baskets more out of the way. I also took 3 rugs that were just laying rolled in the floor and moved them. I laid one down in the laundry room and the other 2 in the hallway. I haven't decided what I am going to do with the rack but I think I may use it in the coat closet as an organizer. It does look neater in there though
Old 01-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #54
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

I didn't do this weeks challenge because I was out of town until Saturday and already had enough on my plate for the two remaining days. That said, I LOVE this idea and will definitely be participating the rest of the year.
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #55
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Great! Just jump on in tomorrow.

How did everyone else do? Did you get your donations out of your house? DH is running errands right now so he brought a pile of ours to Goodwill, and put a bag of stuff in the car that is going back to my mom. I have another large bag that I'm still filling with donations, so that is staying in the house for now.

I'll be posting the new challenge tonight.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #56
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

I managed to get 4 of the 5 mini challenges finished this week. I'll leave the desk/mail area for later when I rearrange my office later this month.
Christmas-9 items
Bathroom-10 items
Pantry-8 items plus one large box of freeze dried fruit
Laundry room-10 items
This room is where I store all my returns, donations, give backs to friends and such. I'm anxious for the kids to feel better so we can start seeing people again and getting rid of some of this stuff waiting to go home.
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #57
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I did all but the pantry. Only threw away a bag of chips I didn't like. We just moved into this house in nov, so I don't think anything is expired yet. I didn't bother to move anything I thought we wouldn't eat.

Can't wait for this weeks challenges!