Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
kayleesmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone do liquid diet before and then switch to weight watchers and not gain Ital bac

My husband is getting lapband done In march and I was Thinking of doing the same regimen in terms of liquid diet n protien shakes then Mushie foods n then solids n when I get to solids I would follow weight watchers. Do you think I would gain all the weight I lose back?

Advertisement

kayleesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone do liquid diet before and then switch to weight watchers and not gain Ital

I don't know one person who kept off weight with a liquid diet sorry. I actually know one person who has has done Optifast a doctor regulated system, had all the back up help and then slide and gained every thing back about 6 times. Personally I would not do a liquid diet without a doctor, as the diet can be very tricky. I am sure it works for some but on average, I don't think it works long term.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
MyLovely
Registered Users

Re: Anyone do liquid diet before and then switch to weight watchers and not gain Ital

Just go straight to WW. Going on a liquid diet without a medical reason is BAD news. If you want to sort of kick-start WW, you could look into juicing for 1-3 days, but no protein shakes/"smoothies".
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
kayleesmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What is juicing?
kayleesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't suggest a liquid diet at all. If you are going to do more liquids, fine, add juicing, but also eat real, whole foods.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with everyone else. Real whole foods, not low fat or low carb. Balanced nutrition. Also sleep is super important.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Great topic. I ate everything over the holidays. Then i got really sick on new years. Like throwing up all night, didn't really eat much for days. My plan had been to do a cleanse for 2days before going back to eating clean. Like prune juice in the morning and nothing but fruit and veggies all day. Day one came and i remembered how weak and crappy i felt when i wasnt eating any protein while i was sick. I threw out the cleanse idea and just resumed the diet. Probably the best decision i made in awhile lol
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #8
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

I had to go on a liquid diet due to TMJ disorder. I do green smoothies, homemade soups, puréed veggies, etc. I lost 18 lbs without trying to in the first 3 weeks... Not good! But with my jaw disorder, I can't chew foods, I can't talk for longer than about 10 minutes without needing a break, and I have to wear both day and night guards at all times (exception being when I'm consuming foods). I don't recommend a liquid diet plan unless it's medically necessary (like it is for me)...
Lindsey, wife to Pilot J & mama to K (11/12/10), expecting #2 (11/14/13)!
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote