Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #51
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon
I have seen something that was intended as caps for needles at my LYS, but none of them fit. Guess I need to look into making something. I need to make it a habit to put it up high, but when I get up I'm usually in a hurry.

Gosh I love knitting newborn stuff. I could do it forever, lol. So gratifying.
You can get them on etsy and they look like 2 wooden caps on t pieces of elastic. I think kp had something like it too. You could just put hair ties at the ends of the dpns like elastics? It really just takes diligent training to get kids to respect your stuff as "no touchy!" I have 5 and 2 dogs and they all steer clear of my wip bags and baskets.

my iPhone is a trixie little hobbit that never really says what I mean!

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #52
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ January 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
I'd have to measure, these are the ones I made with them. I know it isn't for everyone, but this took half the time to finish vs the last pair I made. It was a win for me!

2011Apr24_9872 copy by mhaddon1, on Flickr
ooohh those are pretty, what colorway is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaddon View Post
I have seen something that was intended as caps for needles at my LYS, but none of them fit. Guess I need to look into making something. I need to make it a habit to put it up high, but when I get up I'm usually in a hurry.

Gosh I love knitting newborn stuff. I could do it forever, lol. So gratifying.
I saw something at my lys that looks like little rubber coils, they wrap around the ends and stop the needles from falling out, stitches dropping or little pulling lol
Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #53
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove View Post
ooohh those are pretty, what colorway is that?

I saw something at my lys that looks like little rubber coils, they wrap around the ends and stop the needles from falling out, stitches dropping or little pulling lol
I think Joann's might even carry those kind too? I like the rubber stopper type for my bigger circs though, and I ordered DPN sleeve things from KP for my socks.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #54
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh and yes my feet are 7.25" at the widest point. An 8" circ would stretch them out to where they would not fit my feet. Average feet are around 8"-8.5", so an 8" circ is ok, but many many people can't use them because of hand cramping. 9" works for people with wider feet, if the posture of the needles is something you can handle.

I mostly DPN socks, but if I do handspun ones I will do them two at a time on magic loop. I can't say what's faster or slower really, because it depends on the pattern complexity. Stuff like Thelonious takes me a while because I end up having to highlight my progress or the constant kid interruptions will mess me up to no end.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #55
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters
I always say I am going to join in this thread and never do lol

Anyway, I am working on a ruffle scarf for myself. It is going to take awhile, I rarely get time to knit. I swear every time I pick up needles, Amelia climbs on my lap and says no no no, while trying to take my needles.
Hey! I have that problem too. Good to see you. You're one of the few I remember from the DDC that I had to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #56
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
Hey! I have that problem too. Good to see you. You're one of the few I remember from the DDC that I had to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

I wish I had more time to knit. I want to learn to do more stuff but I swear my lap in a magnet. Whenever I sit, all the kids flock!
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #57
christiemurley
Registered Users
seller
seller

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-953964873.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	129645

Just finished these longies, my first time using the evie pants pattern. They turned out pretty good I think! I like the pattern a lot I used mosaic moon dragons lair, now I just need to find a cute matching tshirt! I actually bought and tried 9 inch needles on the legs but my hands hated them
Old 01-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #58
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiemurley View Post

Just finished these longies, my first time using the evie pants pattern. They turned out pretty good I think! I like the pattern a lot I used mosaic moon dragons lair, now I just need to find a cute matching tshirt! I actually bought and tried 9 inch needles on the legs but my hands hated them
Super cute longies and suck about the needles....I'm hoping to order some soon, but I keep hearing how they're hard on the hands, so I hate to spend the $$ on them in case my hands hate them too. I just don't know...awesome job though!
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #59
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiemurley View Post

They turned out great!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #60
christiemurley
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081

Super cute longies and suck about the needles....I'm hoping to order some soon, but I keep hearing how they're hard on the hands, so I hate to spend the $$ on them in case my hands hate them too. I just don't know...awesome job though!
Thanks! I have takumi #8 9 inch needles, if they're what you need you can have them ffs I used them for about 30 min, so they are pretty much brand new. Pm me