Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #81
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: January Stash Game Chatter thread

I used a pattern from Cute Clothes For Kids on the reversible dress. It's really easy though, and you could do what you said with the pillowcase dress. Those shoulders are supposed to have strap ties instead of ribbon, but ribbon is easier and I had just exactly enough left to do it that way. It is a shame all you crafty stuff is disappearing. Have toddlers been into your stuff? Kennah stole all my pins but at least I managed to find them. And sorry for you that you have to rip up your new undies to change elastic...that sounds like a huge hassle.

I've never tried a crocheted dish cloth, so I probably don't know what I'm missing!

I did get a couple things done today but no pics yet so I will wait til tomorrow to post. I am looking forward to starting a dress or two for myself this week!

Advertisement

Last edited by jen_batten; 01-06-2013 at 10:12 PM.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #82
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I love the pee pee tee pees. I need to make some for my little guy. We haven't had much of a problem yet, but we did have once instance of spraying the wall.

I haven't had time to do a dang thing! I am so upset about that. And I won't have time tomorrow either, I am taking DD1 on a college visit.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #83
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I found my kam snaps in the closet under the stairs along with my rotary cutter and a bunch of other stuff I didn't notice was missing. DS "forgot" he put it all in there because someone was coming over and I asked him to clear off my treadle and the dinning room table. He's 10. I forgot at that age "clear it off" and "put it away correctly" are two different things!
My lastin is still missing.
Anyway... Here are the 11 snack bags with snaps (UFO) ! And the 14 momma cloth I made with scraps left over from making DD blankets, burp rags, and bibs before she was born. I was happy to have finished something this weekend!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #84
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I found my kam snaps in the closet under the stairs along with my rotary cutter and a bunch of other stuff I didn't notice was missing. DS "forgot" he put it all in there because someone was coming over and I asked him to clear off my treadle and the dinning room table. He's 10. I forgot at that age "clear it off" and "put it away correctly" are two different things!
Anyway... Here are the 11 snack bags with snaps (UFO) ! And the 14 momma cloth I made with scraps left over from making DD blankets, burp rags, and bibs before she was born. I was happy to have finished something this weekend!

Rdesonia: SO, I cut out 26 mama cloths last night (first time making them). I used bumgenius newborn inserts for the inside with a top layer of flannel (I typically use them for my periods so i thought why not!). Then I cut out a microfleece backing layer. My question to you or any of you have BTDT: Do I serge the part of the pad without wings first and then attach it to the backing? I saw a tutorial where the woman serged wingless pads together and then added two snaps on the back (going vertical) that snapped onto the fleece backing (so she'd change her pad, but not necessarily the backing)... have you all done it this way too? If not, how do you get the backing connected to all those layers without having raw edges? I feel so stupid right now, but my brain just can not think about it!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #85
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG... I love everything you ladies have done. I really love that first cherry dress, my DD would die for it I think, not going to show it to her..lol.

I way blew it with a fabric purchase yesterday. I am making that Harry Potter Quilt of Doom, and since I want it for my bed (first ever quilt, no way can I give it to someone else!), I have to make it almost triple the size.. so I needed 9 yards of background fabric. I also hit up the reminent bins at JoAnn's and Walmart... I didn't even look to see how much I got there, just some odds and ends. I will be lucky to make up for all I bought points wise this month I think. I am almost done with my first square. I will post pics of squares as they are done. I need to make 90 of them, and hope to do 3 per week on top of my weekly Christmas present to put away. (I'll get pics of last weeks gift after we do school today).
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 AM   #86
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Rdesonia: SO, I cut out 26 mama cloths last night (first time making them). I used bumgenius newborn inserts for the inside with a top layer of flannel (I typically use them for my periods so i thought why not!). Then I cut out a microfleece backing layer. My question to you or any of you have BTDT: Do I serge the part of the pad without wings first and then attach it to the backing? I saw a tutorial where the woman serged wingless pads together and then added two snaps on the back (going vertical) that snapped onto the fleece backing (so she'd change her pad, but not necessarily the backing)... have you all done it this way too? If not, how do you get the backing connected to all those layers without having raw edges? I feel so stupid right now, but my brain just can not think about it!
I don't do wings. I just do layers of flannel with nothing else. They are just really simple but work for me. I made them this same way in 2008 and I just wanted to add to my stash. I've seen lots of different patterns and the wings etc since then and decided to just do them exactly as I did before. I wear mostly boyshorts or homemade undies (no elastic and drawstring waist). I have a latex allergy so I can't wear regular elastic. I only wear 100% cotton/natural fiber clothing. So I'm no help.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #87
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnlovesjasper View Post
OMG... I love everything you ladies have done. I really love that first cherry dress, my DD would die for it I think, not going to show it to her..lol.

I way blew it with a fabric purchase yesterday. I am making that Harry Potter Quilt of Doom, and since I want it for my bed (first ever quilt, no way can I give it to someone else!), I have to make it almost triple the size.. so I needed 9 yards of background fabric. I also hit up the reminent bins at JoAnn's and Walmart... I didn't even look to see how much I got there, just some odds and ends. I will be lucky to make up for all I bought points wise this month I think. I am almost done with my first square. I will post pics of squares as they are done. I need to make 90 of them, and hope to do 3 per week on top of my weekly Christmas present to put away. (I'll get pics of last weeks gift after we do school today).
Often, I find the best deals in the clearance section of walmart or the red tag/clearance section at joanns. It is often cheaper to buy them than the remnants. (Especially at Walmart. They only mark them down remnants 20% at my store. Clearance is usually better if you do a price per yard comparison.)

Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #88
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies, I'm trying to follow along hoping to have it all figured out by next month so I can join in.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #89
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Often, I find the best deals in the clearance section of walmart or the red tag/clearance section at joanns. It is often cheaper to buy them than the remnants. (Especially at Walmart. They only mark them down remnants 20% at my store. Clearance is usually better if you do a price per yard comparison.)
I was afraid of anything on bolts with how much I already had to buy I cheat and don't count remnants since I usually look for any that are less than a buck.. so like a few inches

I wanted to start school early today, kids all slept in, so I worked on my square. This is actually square #3 but I had to put this beautiful Geisha girl on the cover of that book!

Wondering how I should count these squares or if I should save them until all at the end. The squares are each very detailed and use at least about 1/4 yard of fabric once its all said and done.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #90
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Glad you found most of it!! Even my 28y/o DH has different ideas on what "clearing off" means

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnlovesjasper View Post
I was afraid of anything on bolts with how much I already had to buy I cheat and don't count remnants since I usually look for any that are less than a buck.. so like a few inches

I wanted to start school early today, kids all slept in, so I worked on my square. This is actually square #3 but I had to put this beautiful Geisha girl on the cover of that book!

Wondering how I should count these squares or if I should save them until all at the end. The squares are each very detailed and use at least about 1/4 yard of fabric once its all said and done.

that looks really cool!!

I bought a ton of goodmamas like 5 months ago to redo the elastic. I just finished them all last night I had already done the new elastic, just needed to sew it all closed. Finally! Done!

Are there points for doing them? I did 9 of those babies!

Sewing up some necklaces today. hoping to get 10 done, but not sure the kids are going to let that happen lol