Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #11
napua's Avatar
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 12,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla

Please don't mention burpees, they make me cry.
This made me giggle! They are never an exercise that put a smile on my face...TRX or not! My 11 year old will do them with me though so that's pretty cool, lol.

Advertisement

__________________
J+C=M+M
napua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #12
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
We have a TRX system but my husband takes it when he goes out of town. I like it enough. I like going to Crossfit better. :-)
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #13
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,469
My Mood:
Re: Anyone here do TRX workouts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by napua View Post
This made me giggle! They are never an exercise that put a smile on my face...TRX or not! My 11 year old will do them with me though so that's pretty cool, lol.
I want my kids to work out with me more. I think it would be fun.
I asked dh about the basement TRX and he wants to look at it in the studio to see if it would work in the house so that everyone could use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking View Post
We have a TRX system but my husband takes it when he goes out of town. I like it enough. I like going to Crossfit better. :-)
I have never tried Crossfit but I hear whispers that they are sessions in the next town over. I say whispers because I guess it is the direct competition to where I'm currently going.
__________________

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #14
napua's Avatar
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 12,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking
We have a TRX system but my husband takes it when he goes out of town. I like it enough. I like going to Crossfit better. :-)
Crossfit is excellent but you'd be shocked to find out how much the local Crossfit gym here costs per month.

Eta, I just looked it up since I haven't in a year and its still pricey but not as terrible as what I was informed of last year! It would cost 400 euro a month for both me and my husband. That converts to $521.36 a month. That is still very expensive, IMO!
__________________
J+C=M+M

Last edited by napua; 01-07-2013 at 07:49 AM.
napua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #15
Agla's Avatar
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,469
My Mood:
What ?!!? Are all classes that high or is it specific to crossfit? I just checked the prices in my area and it wasn't cheap but def. not thousands.
__________________

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #16
napua's Avatar
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 12,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla
What ?!!? Are all classes that high or is it specific to crossfit? I just checked the prices in my area and it wasn't cheap but def. not thousands.
It's the only Crossfit gym in this area of Stuttgart, from what I've been told. It's on the economy so it isn't on the military bases....therefore, outrageous price for some reason!
__________________
J+C=M+M
napua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by napua

It's the only Crossfit gym in this area of Stuttgart, from what I've been told. It's on the economy so it isn't on the military bases....therefore, outrageous price for some reason!
Oh my. That's crazy! Check on base. Crossfit has a huge military following, people may be going it underground. Haha.
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #18
napua's Avatar
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 12,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking

Oh my. That's crazy! Check on base. Crossfit has a huge military following, people may be going it underground. Haha.
Ok, I just edited my post to the new costs! It's still too expensive for me to consider a good deal. Lol!

And yes...it's huge in the military! When we first moved here there were some people that met on their own in the gym and did it together free of charge but the instructor moved. Too bad!
__________________
J+C=M+M
napua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by napua

Ok, I just edited my post to the new costs! It's still too expensive for me to consider a good deal. Lol!

And yes...it's huge in the military! When we first moved here there were some people that met on their own in the gym and did it together free of charge but the instructor moved. Too bad!
Yeah, that's still pricey but more palatable than before!
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #20
mom2LBJ's Avatar
mom2LBJ
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: on the mat, TX
Posts: 6,094
My Mood:
Re: Anyone here do TRX workouts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by napua View Post
Crossfit is excellent but you'd be shocked to find out how much the local Crossfit gym here costs per month.

Eta, I just looked it up since I haven't in a year and its still pricey but not as terrible as what I was informed of last year! It would cost 400 euro a month for both me and my husband. That converts to $521.36 a month. That is still very expensive, IMO!
Wow, thats what we pay for a family membership monthly at our martial arts school!! Our CrossFit is $200 a month for DH and, 3x a week.

& they have TRX at our martial arts school's gym. DH and I will use it occasionally. Its great for somethings, but lacks in some areas.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.