Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #11
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do I feed my baby! Help!

Remember that food for nursing babies under a year is just for fun. It doesn't matter how much they eat and there should be no pressure. Your babe does not HAVE to be eating solids at 7m, that is about when we started but we didn't do it everyday or consistently just when we wanted to have fun. We started with avocado and banana. I didn't intend to do purees but ended up doing it a little mostly because he was my 1st too and I felt like we should start and didn't know what else to do.

Very soon I got back on our intended track and tried to stick closer to things that we would eat, just softened. Things he could pick u himself. My son loved O shaped puffs. I think the ones we used were by happy baby.

We also only gave food when not necessarily hungry like a little bit after nursing. So it was more for play. You don't want it to push off the next nursing that is more important.

If I were to do it again I would try harder to do baby led weaning, start a bit later and let baby do all the eating.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-07-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote