Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Back to Work So Sad

I am going back to work Friday after being home for 4 months also. (2 months bed rest and 2 months maternity leave). My little guy is 8 weeks old. I have him in full time day care, at the same place my 3 year old goes. I am starting a new job too, so big changes all around.

Hang in there, and get a good routine going. Enjoy your day off snuggling

WOHM and to Jon (6/2006). Mamma to daughter Elli (12/2009) and Jacob (11/2012) Crazy Florida Gator fan , beach bum, and outdoor enthusiast!
Van1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #12
Registered Users

Thanks everyone for the support. Moving closer to the office is not an option but Skyping during the day is a great idea. Believe it or not, a 9 hour work day is a shortened day for me and already contemplates no lunch break - I am a lawyer at a big firm so 12+ hours per day is the norm, I am cutting back by doing 9. I asked SIL to bring her to the office for lunch once or twice a month and she's up for that, which will give me a chance to see baby D awake once in a while. I am very lucky and grateful that a family member is going to take care of her and thankful to have a good job to help provide for my family and thankful for the very long (by American standards) maternity leave I was able to have. I think I'll buy a coupla lottery tickets tomorrow just in case I win and can retire
dericasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 AM   #13
Registered Users

I know the feeling mama. I used to feel like that when I had to return to work after 4.5 months of nursing my firstborn. I hated the feeling of being away from my babies so I chose to stay at home and work freelance.
@;~ IriSha Mommie to sweet daughter DeAnne and little son Levi
Need a sitter? Check out!
blueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
Registered Users

I know how you feel. I was torn up when I first went back to work last month, but it's already getting easier. He adjusted his schedule where he takes more naps during the day, so he's up a little later in the evenings with me. My daycare provider sends me pics and text messages throughout the day, which helps so much. Hope things are working out for you!
Treylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
Banned - User Requested

I know your SIL is watching her, which is wonderful you have family to do that but what about finding someone close to your office - that is if you get breaks. Then you could see her 2-3 times a day and even nurse! Plus, you will get the 2 hour car ride together
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
Registered Users

My baby is 3 weeks old, and I have to go back to work when she's 8 weeks. I am dreading it as well. I have cried nearly every day since her birth. This is baby #5 for me, and she was a very big surprise- I had been told I couldn't have anymore, so when my (then) youngest was kindergarten age, I started teaching. I stayed at home with all 4 of my others. This pregnancy was such a surprise, and as it turns out, my husband is unemployed now, so I have to go back and finish the school year. I suppose I should be grateful that there's only 10 weeks left in the school year- but I keep thinking about what I'll be missing, and those firsts that will likely be seen by my mother in law instead of me. My heart is breaking.
birthjunkiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #17
Registered Users
I know it's so hard to go back. Is there any way you could do part time for the first month? I know it's a lot to ask your firm after being out 4.5 months but it would be easier on both of you to have some transition time.
cpamamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:
I was an absolute mess coming back to work after both kids......I think the first week is the hardest!!!!
momma@2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #19
Registered Users

Good luck
Gbaby313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
Registered Users
My Mood:

I know sleep and babies is a sensitive issue, and how much you can work with their bedtimes/sleep schedules, really depends on each individual baby. My daughter is/was a decent sleeper, and I have been able to keep her up until 8:30/9 without a problem, which really maximizes our time together.

Hang in there, you definitely are not alone in your feelings!
Emily, mom to Clara born 2/8/11 and Nolan born 6/18/13
mommy2clara is offline   Reply With Quote