Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

I want my mommy!

This is what I hear 24 hours a day right now. 2.5 yo DS is suddenly cling-monster incorporated. It's sweet on one hand because he spends all his time telling me how much he loves me, but it's totally suffocating...I can't move, talk, breathe without him wanting me to hold him or play. Phase? Maybe related to the hubbub of Christmas? I adore him and I love all the hugs and kisses but he's even coming in our room around 4 am and sharing my pillow. I'm not one who can take it without some downtime which I am NOT getting right now in any more than an occasional 30 minute break (aside from work which frankly does not count).

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I want my mommy!

I hope it is different for you, but my kids were always like this until about 3.5.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I noticed this was getting especially bad around here too. This afternoon we were at the grocery store. I was pushing DS in one cart and DH was pushing DD in another cart. The whole time we were in the store she was yelling "I want Mama" "I want Mama" and trying to climb out of the cart even though I was only a few steps away and always in sight.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Yes!! I can be at the table with him and he's saying it.

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Carolinagirlbrisa
Registered Users
seller

My 27 month old just started this too. "I NEED you, mommy!" He usually won't let DH put him to bed anymore... It has to be me
Carolinagirlbrisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
This is happening in my house at this very minute. I'm 40 plus weeks preg and I just need a nap. Meanwhile my 2.5 yo needs mommy all the time. Can't take a nap hearing kiddo screaming her head off in next room for me. Just got in a fight w DH about it. Whats it going to be like when new baby gets here?? Sigh.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #7
blueyes
Registered Users

My daughter was like that when she was around 2.5 years old. She's past that age now and has adjusted to being away from me like sleeping in her own room.