Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Questions about re-lactating for adoption

We are waiting to adopt a newborn here locally. We have not been picked yet, but basically we could either get picked by a birth mom at any time, who could be at any stage in her pregnancy, OR we could get a call at any time that there is a baby waiting for us at the hospital (from someone who decided after birth to place the baby)

I am wanting to re-lactate. I just don't know if I should start the process NOW with domperidone and pumping or if I should wait until we get the baby and just supplement. I guess my questions is for those who have re-lactated before, how quickly would my milk come in if I waited to have the baby and start at that point? I could use a SNS and use donated milk until my own milk came in.

I would to start now, but in reality, we could be waiting a year or more (its unlikely...but it could be longer) and I don't want to be pumping for that long and not have a baby to feed.
~Sarah~ Mama to Noah (12/05) & Abigail (08/07) Wife to my wonderful husband Foster mama to a sweet baby boy!
Pea_inthepod is offline   Reply With Quote