Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Charting while BFing w/ no PP AF?

This has been very helpful! Once hubby gets hired from being laid off, I'll look into getting a teacher. Thank you so much for answering my questions!

OP - So sorry for hijacking the thread!!

Advertisement

kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
Kap7270
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove
This has been very helpful! Once hubby gets hired from being laid off, I'll look into getting a teacher. Thank you so much for answering my questions!

OP - So sorry for hijacking the thread!!
You are very welcome. Many teachers are willing to reduce their fees in cases of financial hardship so please keep that in mind

Good luck!
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
doulaK
Registered Users
seller

I am totally checking Creighton out, i have never heard of it, thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I was charting prior to AF comin back and got pregnant first PP 'o' due to it not being seen till after the temp rise and it is too late. I would not rely on this method alone till you are regular with AF/o again. You are supposed to use 3 months of charting with a regular cycle to determine when to avoid.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #15
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulaK View Post
I am totally checking Creighton out, i have never heard of it, thanks!
I didn't find much info online, that's why I asked Kap7270 so many questions . Although I didn't look very hard so I'm sure its out there somewhere.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I was charting prior to AF comin back and got pregnant first PP 'o' due to it not being seen till after the temp rise and it is too late. I would not rely on this method alone till you are regular with AF/o again. You are supposed to use 3 months of charting with a regular cycle to determine when to avoid.
That's what I'm afraid of. If you don't mind me asking what month pp did you get pregnant?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post
That's what I'm afraid of. If you don't mind me asking what month pp did you get pregnant?
6 months PP. My boys are 15 months apart.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #18
Kap7270
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
This may be true of some methods, but Creighton can be relied on after one month of charting (regardless of regular or irregular cycles). It relies on cervical mucus which gives advance notice of ovulation instead of temperatures which only confirm things after the fact. The instructions of when to avoid evolve as the couple becomes more familiar with the method, but beginning instructions are provided after one month of charting.
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
SDJeannieZ3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need this too. My PP AF had returned, but it's crazy irregular! In the past when I charted I used temps, but they aren't reliable unless you have 6 hours uninterrupted sleep before taking the temp and I certainly *DO NOT* get 6 hours in a row... ever! Plus, like PP mentioned, temps only confirm ovulation until after you have 3 months of consistent and accurate charting, which at this rate will be never.
SDJeannieZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #20
gracekissed
Registered Users

I was able to positively identify impending ovulation by watching CF, and then confirm it by using temps at 10 months PP. I had previously taken a course with a Creighton instructor, which was very helpful when it came time to determine when we were safe or not after I delivered. I just wanted to give a thumbs up to "it can be done" if you know what you're doing!

My daughter was still eating every 2 hours or less around the clock at that time, and I still ovulated- just a reminder that there's a reason that the Lactational Amenorrhea Method is only 99% reliable *until 6 months.* After that, well, every woman and every baby is different, so it's better to know what to look for.
gracekissed is offline   Reply With Quote