Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #11
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Aspirin to prevent Pre-E?

Pre-E does have to do with blood flow issues to the placenta, but I don't think you are high risk enough to worry about the aspirin. A normal amount of protein is great, but too much can actually stress your body. The Brewer diet has been dis proven in the last several years. It probably did help women who were truly nutritionally deficient, but as a rule, we are not. You were probably spilling some protein because you were dehydrated.

Advertisement

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #12
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesej View Post
Pre-E does have to do with blood flow issues to the placenta, but I don't think you are high risk enough to worry about the aspirin. A normal amount of protein is great, but too much can actually stress your body. The Brewer diet has been dis proven in the last several years. It probably did help women who were truly nutritionally deficient, but as a rule, we are not. You were probably spilling some protein because you were dehydrated.
I have to respectfully disagree. I think people are still nutritionally deficient. Perhaps not to the same degree as sixty or seventy yrs ago, but the typical American diet is grossly lacking in many important areas.

I would be interested in seeing studies that disprove the Brewer diet.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have also read that the Brewers diet has been disproven, and heard it can be dangerous.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

My MW had me take aspirin to help prevent pre-e until 37 weeks along with magnesium and D3
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #15
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Interesting reading (and links) regarding information on the 'ineffectiveness' of the brewer diet.

http://navelgazingmidwife.squarespac...be-damned.html

I've had PIH and HELLP with baby #1, PIH and preeclampsia with baby #2, and so far I've gone from picture perfect BP to 'borderline' BP already at 12wk with baby #3. Now that I've hit the 2nd trimester - or am right here at it - I've started cal/mag and 10,000 IU of D3. Regular physical activity, regular rest, lots of water, and a healthy balanced diet. We'll see how it goes...
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote