Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #61
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whatever happened to "Congratulations"?

Someone asked me if my husband was getting fixed after this one (it's our 4th) the other night at work. The one lady I work with has 8 kids so I told her first because I knew she would not have anything bad to say.

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #62
indigoshadow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Congrats mama! I have 3 and when I say I want one more, people act like I'm nuts.

"You'll never be able to afford to take them to Disney now"
"How are you going to pay for 4 weddings?"
"How are you ever going to find time for them?"
"Guess you'll never have anything nice again"

People just don't think before they open their mouths.

"Guess you'll never have anything nice again" is definitely the most ignorant thing I can think of... hello... my children are the "nicest" things that I've ever had. In a way I feel really sorry for the people that just can't seem to grasp that...
indigoshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #63
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the only appropriate response to the news that someone is expecting is "congratulations". People just need to grow up.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #64
kdzb243
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations! I think people just don't think before they make their "cute" comments most of the time. They're just trying to be funny or are at a loss as to what to say since big families aren't the norm right now. I try to give them a little slack, but it gets exhausting! Just remember that your family's decisions are no one else's business no matter how they act. Congrats again! Children are such a blessing!
kdzb243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #65
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are also pregnant with #5. I'd love nothing more than to scream at the top of my lungs how excited I am to be expecting again! BUT, it's hindered by the shameless people with their thoughtless comments. I'm actually afread of what they will say, and so is my husband. There was once a time where 5 kids weren't that many, and now, it's like, "oh no, not again!" or something.

I have 2 boys and 2 girls. When I had 1 boy and 1 girl, people were like, "you have 1 of each, so you're done". I thought, what the heck??? Is it up to you? I wanted another kid just to break the evenness LOL! Then, we had 2 boys and 2 girls before we knew it, and people were like, "are you done?" What business is it of theirs? I mean, do they have to support our kids? Do they have to care for them, feed them, bath them, nurture them, or support them? No, so why care if I have 1 kid, or 20 kids like the Duggar family???

I just tell people the more kids I have, the more likely one of them will love me enough to take me in their home when I'm old. LOL!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #66
MommaBee1013
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

manors are all but gone today it seems...people also really dont stop and think about how rude their comments sound it seems
MommaBee1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #67
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I get that all the time. I often have 1, 2 or 3 extra children to my own, too.

One little girl and her mom lived w/us for 5 yrs. In the store I was pg w/C4 and people would say, "Are they ALL yours. I'd survey the bunch as if I weren't sure and say, "Um, yeah." We consider Lexa as one of ours and my kids call her sister.

In Dec 2008 I was pg w/C4 and we were at a company party. A co-worker told my hubby he needed to wear a condom and I scrunched up my face and said, "Ewww gross. I hate those things!" He shut right up.

People have a very skewed view of children because our culture has seen them as a burden, a curse, an inconvenience. My children are Not Accessories! They are Blessing! So, many are concerned they will ruin their social lives, their toys, their bodies, their finances, the world etc. It is about where you place your value....in your stuff or in the things of this world or in your legacy? I value taking care of the world. That is why I am having so many children! I am raising them to be good stewards, to live as Lovers of the Lord...then they will go out and take care of His most precious creation....HIS CHILDREN!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #68
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on baby #5! Sorry that people are being rude and lame, as if what decisions you and DH make for your family is any of their business.