Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elioraimmanuel
With all of those antibiotic your gut is a wreck. Your also setting up baby for eczema and asthma. Buy MegaFlora Plus by MegaFood from Amazon. Take it for the next 6 months. Forget store brands and everything non-refrigerated. You need a wide spectrum, refrigerated probiotic. These are the best!

To test negative for Beta Strep.
1. Do Not have anal Sex. If you have had anal sex with your husband....ever, refrain from sex for 4 days prior to your appt. Your hubby must be treated for Beta Strep prior to resuming sex. If you would like to have more children. You must use condoms when having anal sex and have your hubby treated if not getting pg.

2. Peel a clove of garlic. Insert it vaginally and leave it in place. It WILL fall out. So, replace with a new clove. Keep inserted for 3 days.

3. Just before you leave for your appt. Take a shower. Wash your perineal and anal area with regular, non-scented, non antibacterial soap for 2 minutes, get every crevice. Rinse, repeat, and rinse well. Do not poop after this.

4. Tell your provider....DO NOT swab my anus! You are not having a baby out of your butt! They all do it and the touch is so feather light you won't notice! Beta strep is a normal flora for the colon in about 30% of women.

I was positive w/C2....no one told me. I got to the hospital and anitbiotic were forced on me. I was positive w/C3...my doula who has attended 700 births...gave me this information. I was re-tested and tested negative. I tested negative w/C4 because I did this prior. I will test negative with this baby, too!
Thanks. I was going to try the garlic and my hubby laughed at me. Definitely going to do it now.

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Beta strep: testing negative

Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
FWIW - I was pos for DD. I am allergic to the most commonly prescribed antibiotic. I had to have my strain cultured to find out what drug I could tolerate. It ended up being one that had to be given twice over 24 hrs. It was a really big deal at the time.

I really considered doing something to be neg this time but I ultimately worried it would mask an actual true pos result.

So I did nothing and expected a pos result...and got a neg test.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote