Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #31
lizcherry88
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone considering vasectomy an option?

After our 2nd baby (who is 3 months old) we wanted to get a vasectomy, even had it scheduled after going to his consult, but we cancelled it. Just not 100% sure we're done

Advertisement

lizcherry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
DH just had his. We considered the potential negative side effects, but decided our desire for no more biological children far outweighed them. We don't do anything but NFP otherwise, and I don't want to trust my charting skills and use condoms for the next 25 years.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #33
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy4manlycds
I haven't had one but, ironically, I was looking through the "Best of Craigslist" yesterday and ran across this - http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sdo/3148365387.html

It really made me laugh.
Yep. Not showing that to my hubby who is planning on getting the procedure after this new bean makes it safely into the world! He would go running for the hills.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #34
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by laila

Yep. Not showing that to my hubby who is planning on getting the procedure after this new bean makes it safely into the world! He would go running for the hills.
My hubs told me what all it was like and I will say that post is a huge exaggeration! No tape involved to start with...

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #35
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm getting really concerned with negative side effects! Anybody who choose against it, can you tell me why?
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post
I'm getting really concerned with negative side effects! Anybody who choose against it, can you tell me why?
There have been associations with prostate cancer. Some people say these concerns have been debunked.... This is my opinion: these men are still producing sperm. That sperm is just going to build up and that has to cause some kind of response from the body. some doctors claim that the sperm cells are just absorbed by the body... again, completely unnatural and IMO has to cause some kind of response.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #37
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dh will have one. My iud is good for another 3.5 years. He will get it between now and then. For us the possible side effects of the v outweigh the risks of a 3rd pregnancy and csection for me.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #38
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just thought I'd chime in here to say that there are two types of vasectomy. One is reversible. One is not (and is more thoroughly effective).

I know not one but three women who got pregnant as soon as their husbands had vasectomies (well, as soon as they had healed), and at least one of those was supposed to have been the irreversible kind. So there can be a few swimmers slipping through sometimes even when the test comes back for blanks. I also know one woman whose husband had to have the procedure twice b/c he still tested positive after the first snip. (But at least they tested him thoroughly enough that they realized that.) No one that I know has regretted the decision, but the question isn't pertinent to my situation as a single woman. However, I pay a lot of attention to these discussions among friends b/c, unfortunately, due to some medical factors it would be unwise for me to ever bear children.

Last edited by debcita429; 01-03-2013 at 05:38 PM.
debcita429 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #39
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dh's is scheduled for next month but I'm still not 1oo%sure this is what's right for us.
pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #40
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee View Post
There have been associations with prostate cancer. Some people say these concerns have been debunked.... This is my opinion: these men are still producing sperm. That sperm is just going to build up and that has to cause some kind of response from the body. some doctors claim that the sperm cells are just absorbed by the body... again, completely unnatural and IMO has to cause some kind of response.
We're talking about not doing it. He had an almost deadly complication from a toncilectomy last year that only 2% of the country has, so he's in the small percentage of if something could go wrong, it does. The body treating the sperm as an antigen can cause serious problems. He would be immunosuppressed. My sister was immunosuppressed after her liver transplant and that is not a way to live. He wouldn't be able to leave the house for fear of catching a cold, and the cold would kill him! So back to square one.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote