Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about Fermented Cod Liver Oil/Butter Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
My DS takes the fermented cod liver oil/butter oil blend from green pastures. And we have succussfully healed his tooth decay. He actually loves the taste of it and takes it right off of the spoon
I'm so glad that you posted this! Do you give the unflavored version, or a flavored version? And did you change your son's diet as well, or just add in the FCLO/Butter oi? We are on a pretty healthy regiment here, but wondering if I need to cut out grains completely for awhile.
I ordered the chocolate blend- and I'm a little worried I paid so much for something that my children will refuse. But I will be taking some too- so not all is lost no matter what the outcome. I really wanted the cinnamon, but my boys aren't lovers of cinnamon.
Should arrive tomorrow! Excited to give this a try.

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #12
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleon607

I'm so glad that you posted this! Do you give the unflavored version, or a flavored version? And did you change your son's diet as well, or just add in the FCLO/Butter oi? We are on a pretty healthy regiment here, but wondering if I need to cut out grains completely for awhile.
I ordered the chocolate blend- and I'm a little worried I paid so much for something that my children will refuse. But I will be taking some too- so not all is lost no matter what the outcome. I really wanted the cinnamon, but my boys aren't lovers of cinnamon.
Should arrive tomorrow! Excited to give this a try.
He likes both the unflavored and the chocolate. I cut out almost all grains, rice, and nuts. We've done/are doing ozone therapy, cell salts, mi paste, xylitol, and pascalite clay. Lol.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you! You've just given me more to research!

Our blend came today- we all had a try. I didn't think the flavor was as terrible as some seemed to write about, but it was a texture/smoothness/oil-ness thing that I needed to get over before I could swallow.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #14
MommyMarshall
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love our green pastures fermented cod liver oil butter blend. I'm working on healing my cavities now and I find it helps my sons attitude/mood swings.
Sadly I think I need to cut out my grains . It's just so hard.

Also green pastures definitely isn't marketed as a "super wonder supplement". It's just a real food that supplies our bodies with nutrient dense vitamins that our bodies need. Our grandmother understood it, it's just been lost in all the crap info people have been getting the past 60 years.
MommyMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I finally decided to try the fermented cod liver oil. It may be the nastiest thing I've ever tasted!
I almost threw up and spent several minutes gagging over the sink. I ate a huge handful of gummi bears to cover the taste, but I still taste it on my breath!

I don't know how anyone could eat this every day. Suggestions??
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tried the butter oil today - VERY TASTY. Wish the cod liver oil was this good DD ate a spoonful straight, and DH even commented on how the corn I made tasted unusually fantastic and buttery!

Any ideas on how to hide/mask the cod liver oil?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH and I were taking the combo pills of FCLO and BO. The capsule in my mouth could make me gag if I didn't get it down fast enough and then I could still taste that stuff. I don't know how anyone could get the straight oils down!

We both did it for 2 months with seemingly no results.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #18
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki
Tried the butter oil today - VERY TASTY. Wish the cod liver oil was this good DD ate a spoonful straight, and DH even commented on how the corn I made tasted unusually fantastic and buttery!

Any ideas on how to hide/mask the cod liver oil?
I finally found a way to get this nasty stuff down - I put 2ml in a shot glass and fill it with PURE 100% cranberry juice. Then I hold my nose and drink it as fast as possible, then eat a handful of gummi bears before I unplug my nose.

Not exactly a perfect method, but I will say that my relentless coughing has improved significantly after one day of use.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #19
doulaK
Registered Users
seller

I put the teaspoon full in my mouth and swallow with water. I usually do the Green Pastures cinnamon tingle, but last month ordered chocolate cream-BAD IDEA!

My two sons, 4.5 and 1.5 will eat the cinnamon tingle, but not the chocolate cream.

It is amazing for immune support. Amazing.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #20
Sakari
Registered Users

This is so interesting!! Thanks for the thread!

My hubby says he remembers taking cod liver oil off a spoon growing up. and he didn't get his first cavity until in his upper 20's. (and don't tell him I told you - but he has terribly brushing habits, so I know it's not that! )

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote