Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: rags/kitchen towels

Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Well, for starters, once you have wiped the counters, rinse the rag really well, wring it out, and hang it up to dry. We typically use the same dishcloth/rag all day. Kitchen towels are the same. Somewhat it depends on what it was used for. Once a rag/dishcloth is used on the floor, it goes in the hamper.
We have one of those little short cabinets over the sink, and keep a kid's clip pants hanger on the handle for this purpose.
If I used a fresh cloth for every single hand-wiping, crayon-removal, crumb-removal incident we would be doing a load of rags every night.

+ + +
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Registered Users

Originally Posted by BNC View Post
That grosses me out. I know its odd, but i just think about all the germs multiplying on the wet, dirty rag hanging in the sink.....and to be honest, my sink is never empty, lol!

I need to get over the ick factor.
Well, it somewhat depends on what is getting wiped up. If I wipe the counter after making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, what germs are on my counter that I'm not already sticking into my kids' mouths? Now, if I am wiping up blood from raw meat, that dishcloth will get rinsed and then put in the hamper.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have probably about a dozen-ish dish rags and about 5 or 6 kitchen towels. I try to use the same dish rag all day, but sometimes that doesn't always happen. The kitchen towel hanging on the stove handle is for drying clean hands so it lasts a while and I usually use one kitchen towel a day to wipe counters after spraying them or things like that. They all fit nicely into one small drawer in the kitchen. We have a stash of washcloths upstairs with the towels for wiping faces and things like that so everything isn't all crammed into one place. We have probably 20 or so washcloths, but we go through those much faster because I'm not going to reuse something that I just wiped my kids snotty face with ya know .
*Megan*SAHM to S 9/06 D 11/07 S 2/10 and M 2/13
peaches330 is offline   Reply With Quote