Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

how long will i need my pump?

my son is almost 8 months. my sister is pregnant and going to have her baby approximately one month after my son was born (our kids will be around a year apart). she is really interested in breastfeeding and i want to help her have the best start possible. i was thinking of letting her barrow my medela pis. i plan on bfing my son until he is over 1 year old, maybe two who knows!

right now i just use my pump if im gone for more then 3 hours which is pretty rare. i also use it occasionally for a full day or two as a way to take a break if i feel over touched or want dh to feed.

do you guys think i can live without it when my lo is a year old so my sister can use it for her baby? i would really like to give it to her because i feel it was a godsend to keep my bfing relationship strong.

tia!

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how long will i need my pump?

I think that would be fine. I think your supply is well established, and considering how infrequently you were using it anyway...why not.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think you'll be fine. I WOH and basically stopped pumping at work 12hr shifts 3 days/week ) just after a year and didn't have any issues. Awesome that you want to help your sister. You could always get a hand pump (if you don't already have one) to use on this rare occasion that you need one.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Yeah I think you can do without it. I am of the opinion the majority of women don't need pumps though.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
MommaZX2
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would give it to her-- I Pumped until DS was a year. then I started usiong my freezer stash so he got 2-3 6 ouncers a day until 14 mos and I nursed otherwise. Now at 15 mos He barely drinks milk abut he drinks water and nurses. So if he NEEDED too he could drink milk is my thing.. but I don't leave him, so he just nurses on demand =).
MommaZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote