Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #41
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC after V-reversal

just bumping to see how everyone is doing =)

Advertisement

MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #42
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife View Post
how long had your hubby had his V? I got prego the first month but mc'd, now I am on month 3 now and hoping this is our month. I was really discouraged when I got pg then mc'd and then didn't get pg again in month 2.
Sorry I didn't see this before. Dh had his V for 4 years before his reversal. We were told he had a few "swimmers" on one side and nothing on the other so we weren't sure what would happen. It's so hard to predict what will happen. I hope you are blessed with a little one soon. At least now that you've had the reversal there is hope of that!

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #43
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneduckstuck5

Sorry I didn't see this before. Dh had his V for 4 years before his reversal. We were told he had a few "swimmers" on one side and nothing on the other so we weren't sure what would happen. It's so hard to predict what will happen. I hope you are blessed with a little one soon. At least now that you've had the reversal there is hope of that!
Thanks for the info. We had swimmers on both sides. One side was connected back to the tube and the other side to the epid. We haven't done any testing yet to see what the post op results are now. We decided early on to wait until 6 months. We are at 5.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #44
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How's everyone doing? Still no baby here. We r on month 7. Decided not to get sperm tested because it would change our further action at all.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #45
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller

Hi, thought I'd chime in. My DH had a V towards the end of his first marriage & after 2 kids. Marriage ended and, 8 years post V and several years after meeting me, we had it successfully reversed by an awesome surgeon. There were some problems (not related to the reversal) on my end but after IVF cycles we have a beautiful DD born 12/31/12.
gingersnappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #46
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife View Post
How's everyone doing? Still no baby here. We r on month 7. Decided not to get sperm tested because it would change our further action at all.
We decided that same thing. We knew going in that all we would do was restore dh. I hope your bean is just around the corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnappy View Post
Hi, thought I'd chime in. My DH had a V towards the end of his first marriage & after 2 kids. Marriage ended and, 8 years post V and several years after meeting me, we had it successfully reversed by an awesome surgeon. There were some problems (not related to the reversal) on my end but after IVF cycles we have a beautiful DD born 12/31/12.
Congrats!! No matter how they get here they are so worth it.

AFM - well we are NTNP and waiting to see if this is our month. I would love a September baby. But of course no matter when it happens we feel blessed.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #47
AppleMama81
Registered Users

My Mood:
Probably a TMI question here, but did anyone's DH experience any physical differences in the appearance of the "boys" post reversal? DH still complains of pain and there is an obvious difference in the way he looks- one side still looks swollen, even 2.5 months after surgery...

He won't call his doctor, and unfortunately, the way the military works, I can't call the doc for him.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #48
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

April - my dh had sporadic pain for several months after the VR. We put him on an advil dose to help with any residual swelling that might be going on. And yes 1 of dh's testicles was noticeably larger and higher. Dh said it felt tighter on that side as well. But eventually, it all went back to normal I think between 6-9 months. Hope that helps!
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #49
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

April - my dh had sporadic pain for several months after the VR. We put him on an advil dose to help with any residual swelling that might be going on. And yes 1 of dh's testicles was noticeably larger and higher. Dh said it felt tighter on that side as well. But eventually, it all went back to normal I think between 6-9 months. Hope that helps!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #50
AppleMama81
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5
Yes, thank you so much! You described my DH's symptoms exactly!!