Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Registered Users
Is nausea a sign of labor?

2 nights ago I got real sick-vomitting, i had the chills for a bit. i dont think it was the flu as i was over it the next day. it only lasted about 7 hours. yesterday i felt absolutly fine, but now again today i am feeling nauseas. i cant eat anything, nothing looks appealing and all i want is ice water. there hasnt been any other symptoms except ive just been super tired and i feel yucky. ive read that it could be a sign that labor is NEAR. although probably wont happen for a few more weeks. i will be 36weeks sunday. a girl i know was 39 weeks when she started feeling sick, and vomitting off and on for almost a week and the other morning she had her baby!

Katy-working mama, loving wife, Doula in training proud mama of DS 5/18/11, Leon , and DD Ramona 2/5/13:,
My lil family means the world to me
katymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I don't think your friend's labour was connected to the nausea as a precursor. It was probably just a stomach bug. Often a woman feels quite nauseous DURING hard labour and has loose stools leading up to labour, but I've never heard of nausea as a symptom before the big event begins.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Loving wife and a devoted mama to 13: three in my arms
(Hayden, Felicity and Teagan), and ten in heaven.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Is nausea a sign of labor?

I felt very nauseous RIGHT before active labor. I was dry heaving and had loose stools and was crying because I felt so sick for about 1 hour before I went into labor with my son and about 15 minutes before I went into labor with my daughter. Not for days or weeks before or where it would come and go.
Bentley'sMomma is offline   Reply With Quote