Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does your curriculum and schedule look like?

I get up a little before 7. Daycare kids start coming then (have from 2-4 depending on the day). DS gets up around 8, breakfast @ 8:30 and he goes to prek from 9-noon. 2-3 days a week I take him, so that puts us back half an hour or so on those days. The girls go over their assignments by 10 and they start-they do it independently and just come and ask ?s if they need help. From 10-11, I work with the 2yo daycare kid with puzzles, sorting, building blocks, etc. From 11-12, I get the babies down for nap and get lunch going (if I have to pick DS up, then I hold off on baby naps and they go to sleep in the car). DS gets home around 12:30-we have lunch and 2yo lays down. DS and I work from 1:30-2:30ish getting his work done. The girls are usually done by 2 or so and they veg out with whatever Netflix show they are watching. Then in the evening we have whatever activities. DD1 has volleyball and archery on Thursdays. DD2 is between sports, but here in the next month or two she'll start volleyball and soccer. Both are in 4-H and will be starting their respective projects soon. DS will have soccer in the spring.

Math-Saxon-4-5 days a week (4 days of lessons and Friday is catch up or extra practice if needed)
Grammar/Writing-Scott Foresman-3 days grammar work, 2 days writing project using whatever grammar concept they are working on
Spelling-free homeschool spelling-5 days a week
History-A History of US-3 days a week
Science-Aplogia Astronomy-2 days a week (opposite history)
Geography-my own version of a free curric online-3 days a week
Religion-Faith and Life-3 days a week (2 days opposite geography and a Rosary in the van on the way to volleyball-30 minutes away)
PE-5 days a week-alternating stretching, strengthening and cardio plus they have their extracurriculars
Music-an area in which we are currently lacking-both girls were in church choir where she worked on reading music and then obviously singing, but we had to quit due to volleyball conflict.

Advertisement

2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well... This year has been a little strange... Right now we are up by 7a, breakfast and chores by 9. Then we start independent work, Math, grammar, spelling, writing and handwriting in the form of copywork. We work solidly till noon, then break for lunch. After lunch we do My Fathers World which covers bible, history, geography, science, read alouds, notebooking, timeline, narration, art and music. Usually we are done by 2 or 3 depending on how long we took for lunch.

In the days before I had 4 students and 3 that were prek toddler and baby... We were done by noon. Sigh.. I miss those days.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
lisarenee25
Registered Users
seller

The days get longer the older they get. ho hum
lisarenee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

We don't have a set schedual, but we are using K12 and I add in a lot of extras. I have K, 1st, and preschoolers that require school

So in addition to K12 which is LA, vocab, phonics spelling, math, handwriting, and alternates between science and history daily, I add in FLL, an art program and TOG yr 1.
So each day we write down our class connect sessions we plan on attending (online class for half hour at time) and we start off by doing math, HW, phonics, LA, and then the rest. I alternate the boys on computer activites. It works out better than it sounds. I get these done in usualy 2.5-3 hhours. Including time for the preK curriculum I have for the girls, manipulative activites, and rod and staff workbooks. I do nothing else during this time but teach and hep the kids. They get a break and we have lunch. I save some read alouds for before bed and after dinner we usually do history readings and Bible lessons. It is just easier and helps them wind down. Science and art is completed after lunch.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote