Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: DCP had a stroke today...what should I do?

I hate to sound harsh but I would just switch care providers period. I would be too concerned about the length of time she'll be out of commission, whether or not she'll try to take kids back in too soon before she is ready due to finances, or obligation, etc. And I would be concerned about the long term possible consequences of leaving her alone with the children if she doesn't tell you any and all possible complications that may occur. Things she may not consider significant, or personal information, but could effect quality of care.

I am a SAHM, but with some schedule things with DH and I, we do use a home daycare we trust on occasion. A couple hrs a wk currently. Even for the full time kids, you pay at the end of the week for time the child was there (we just pay the day we use her since we aren't there much). There is no built in paid vacation/sick time for her. If your child isn't there, you don't pay regardless of the reason.

Advertisement

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 01-09-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: DCP had a stroke today...what should I do?

I should point out that her husband works with her too. It is possible he will handle care while she recovers. I have a few leads though. We've been to hell & back with daycare disasters this year. I woke up this morning & quite literally thought it was a bad dream.

Thanks for all the advice. I appreciate it.