Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I hate our neighbors!!!

apartment living stinks for that stuff! honestly if they are bothered by the sounds of a baby walking they should look into a different living situation

Advertisement

TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

We've been in our apartment for 3 years. We had a downstairs neighbor for about 6 months that was always complaining about the noise from our apartment. It was because our dog was playing. Now, I understand that when she runs it probably does sound like a herd of elephants. If it was late (after 10pm) I would literally tackler her to make her stop, so it maybe lasted less than 30 seconds? I talked to our landlords and they were nice about it. I told them, "Look I do everything I can, but you can't exactly have a rational conversation with a dog about how it is too late to be playing right now." He was a single guy too. The really annoying thing is he was super sweet to our faces but would report us to the office?

Our downstairs neighbors now are awesome. Crazy dog and crying baby. They never say a thing. So nice and friendly. They're a young couple, so I think they know what it is like in college dorms, apts, etc... Extra noise is a part of apartment living. If you don't like it then you need to request a top level apartment or live somewhere else, imo.

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I think DH handled it well. I would have told them to lick me where god split me. It is a 16 pound baby not a great Dane.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
Lol, yeah, actually I did. I was so mad because he wasn't doing anything wrong! He wasn't running, jumping, dropping stuff, nothing. He was just walking happily around the room! So I stomped twice on the floor in response.

So after I stomped the guy came up to our door, which is actually why I stomped. The couple other times that they have banged on our floor and I've just gone down to talk to them they haven't even answered their door. But I guess my stomping back made them mad enough to want to see a face. Hubby answered the door and the conversation went something like this:
Neighbor, "We are trying to sleep and we hear all those footsteps!"
Hubby, "Yeah the building has really thin floors huh."
Neighbor, "Well, yeah! So it wakes us up!"
Hubby, "Yeah it's terrible construction when you can hear a baby walking on a rug. That sucks."
Neighbor, "So what are you going to do about it!?"
Hubby, "I don't think I can change the building."
Neighbor walks away in a huff.

These people know we aren't doing anything to be loud. They just hate us because we are the only renters in an all-owner condo building. They've even said that they own their home and have X rights and we don't. They resent that people with a kid moved in above them and they don't care whether or not we are trying to be quiet (which we are!). I'm sorry that they bought their crummy 1st floor condo at the height of the market in a neighborhood that didn't turn around like they thought it would (our identical 2nd floor apartment wasn't selling for 100k less than the owners paid 4 years ago, which is why they decided to rent it out). But I'm not going to keep my baby from walking in our home! And honestly they will probably be wishing we'd come back after we move out, because finding another small, quiet family to rent this place will be hard. I'd bet money the next people to move in will have more and older kids and they won't be half as considerate as we are.
. Good for you and your husband!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I think DH handled it well. I would have told them to lick me where god split me. It is a 16 pound baby not a great Dane.
Lmao! Best answer yet.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had an apt that you could hear upstairs neighbors when they dropped thing like pens or change on the floor. They didn't do anything loud or weird up there and I could still hear everything.

I lived in another place where our tv room was under the bedroom of neighbor. We gave them our number to let us know when tv was too loud. They never called but liked to jump up and down on the floor.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMommy View Post
I had an apt that you could hear upstairs neighbors when they dropped thing like pens or change on the floor. They didn't do anything loud or weird up there and I could still hear everything.
This building is so cheap that we know every time our upstairs neighbor gets a text message, and he has his phone set to vibrate. Not even kidding. I wonder if we should stay here until #2... because I totally want a homebirth.

p.s. I'm not pregs.

Last edited by Palooka; 01-10-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote