Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Anyone use thirsties fitteds at night?

Im looking for a stay dry fitted at night for my boys. One is a tummy sleeper the other is a side sleeper and they both nurse 2 to 4 times a night. I have some sbish snapless that I add a fleece liner to for stay dry, they get fussy if they dont have stay dry at night. I have an amazon gift card and they carry thirsties and me os. I like that with the thirsties I can add hemp to the pocket if need be and the stay dry is already in there. Any use these at night? Do they hold up well?

Advertisement

ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone use thirsties fitteds at night?

thirsties fitteds with their hemp doubler is all i used for a while and they worked great the only reason i decided to get rid of all of mine was because of the microfiber, i never personally had a problem with microfiber but i do have a he front loader and i just didnt want to deal with any potential problems in the future...i use sbish snapless at night with both doublers and a fleece liner and my 6 month old nurses several times throughout the night and it is very rare that i get up to change her unless she is fussy and i have never once had a leak or any redness and i use them mostly with thirsties sized covers.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did not find the Thirsties duo fitteds size 2 to be all that absorbent at all. The size 1s were great for the newborn days but the size 2 proved not to work well for absorbency. I don't personally believe it should be necessary, on a regular basis, to drop money on a diaper only to drop more money on inserts or boosters to make it functional for you and ended up giving them away or re-selling them in favor of more absorbent fitteds.

That being said, I do love microfleece liners, especially for Noah and I think both of us prefer microfleece over not having a microfleece liner. He seems to be more comfortable with a microfleece liner.

I also have SBish snapless multis and what I did when I first got them a couple years ago, was to sew microfleece sleeves for the two boosters to sit in. It works great, keeps the boosters together, and provides a stay dry liner that doesn't shift. I love the Sbish for nighttime. I actually plan to buy more Sbish in the very near future and do the same with microfleece sleeves.

As far as the ME OS goes, we tried ME at one point and, though I know many people here like them, they felt like a soaking wet towel to me when wet. I can't imagine that's comfortable for the baby, plus they just felt soooo wet, so I re-sold or gave away my MEs.

ETA: Right now the only fitteds in my stash are ones that I like and work well for us without feeling overly WET and yucky. This includes, Kissaluvs Marvels OS (super soft interior), Sbish snapless multis, Piddle Poodles, Dream Eze organic that I use as "cream" diapers (when I have to use a lot of non-CD safe cream and I'm afraid it may go off the liner or the bottom and onto the diaper, and two Bamboozles I bought a couple weeks ago but have not actually used on Noah yet because I want to make sure their prepped enough and I'm worried about the wet towel feeling. Oh wait, I do have a bunch of the old style Thirsties fab fitteds, but those are there just for nostalgia...absorbency is kinda sucky on those as well for older babies.

Last edited by Spunkify; 01-10-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used the ME OS staydry at night for my son. Although the outside felt wet, the inside (staydry) was dry to the touch-he never fussed due to wetness. If needed, I could add more absorbency under the staydry snap in liner (for instance, a microfiber doubler or small prefold) and it worked very well :-). Never tried the thirsties so I cant comment.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

great idea to put the 2 boosters in a stay dry sleeve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
I did not find the Thirsties duo fitteds size 2 to be all that absorbent at all. The size 1s were great for the newborn days but the size 2 proved not to work well for absorbency. I don't personally believe it should be necessary, on a regular basis, to drop money on a diaper only to drop more money on inserts or boosters to make it functional for you and ended up giving them away or re-selling them in favor of more absorbent fitteds.

That being said, I do love microfleece liners, especially for Noah and I think both of us prefer microfleece over not having a microfleece liner. He seems to be more comfortable with a microfleece liner.

I also have SBish snapless multis and what I did when I first got them a couple years ago, was to sew microfleece sleeves for the two boosters to sit in. It works great, keeps the boosters together, and provides a stay dry liner that doesn't shift. I love the Sbish for nighttime. I actually plan to buy more Sbish in the very near future and do the same with microfleece sleeves.

As far as the ME OS goes, we tried ME at one point and, though I know many people here like them, they felt like a soaking wet towel to me when wet. I can't imagine that's comfortable for the baby, plus they just felt soooo wet, so I re-sold or gave away my MEs.

ETA: Right now the only fitteds in my stash are ones that I like and work well for us without feeling overly WET and yucky. This includes, Kissaluvs Marvels OS (super soft interior), Sbish snapless multis, Piddle Poodles, Dream Eze organic that I use as "cream" diapers (when I have to use a lot of non-CD safe cream and I'm afraid it may go off the liner or the bottom and onto the diaper, and two Bamboozles I bought a couple weeks ago but have not actually used on Noah yet because I want to make sure their prepped enough and I'm worried about the wet towel feeling. Oh wait, I do have a bunch of the old style Thirsties fab fitteds, but those are there just for nostalgia...absorbency is kinda sucky on those as well for older babies.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post

Thats a great idea! I think im going to just bight the bullet and get 2 more sbish since I know they work for my boys and make the fleece sleeves for inserts. Thanks for the idea!
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

we love them with hemp inserts for overnight and find them to be enough without the extra inserts for daytime use.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

I use them with hemp inserts under a bummis pull up cover for nights. Never a leak