Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need to get a grip and chill out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppydog View Post
You're pregnant and your in laws are there. You deserve a medal for not gutting and broiling everyone.
Agreed!

Also, since you asked for tips, something I having been trying to do lately is count to 10 in my head before I open my mouth to my kids. Always. Whether it is something good or something bad, I try to count to ten first. Because lately so many of my "positive" comments are actually snarky and sarcastic ("Nice you finally got around to picking up your room. Too bad you had to wait til I was screaming about it before you obeyed.").

My 5-yr-old was the one who inspired this for me. He is so articulate. He told me about a month ago, after a meltdown (mine), that it can be hard for kids to just immediately stop and jump up when I say something. He said kids need a few moments to hear what was said and figure out what to do.

He asked me yesterday why it is taking me so long to answer questions lately. I counted to ten, then answered

Advertisement

Last edited by Melinda29; 01-10-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: I need to get a grip and chill out

Thanks everyone.

Here are some pics/story of everything else that has been going on.

Today I feel better. I boo-hoo cried like a little baby last night. I cried so long and hard my eyes swelled. This morning I looked like I'd been in a bar fight, but without the bruises. lol.

I feel a bit better. One day at a time.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sorry you are all having a tough time but at least it make me feel normal to feel this way! I think sometimes we just need to cut ourselves a little slack. As a mom, we try to do EVERYTHING! I've been trying to take a deep breath and remember it won't be long until my kids are grown and I'm wishing I had all if this craziness again. But it sure is hard when you've told your 6 year old to do something for the fifth time while your husband sits in the chair and the baby is screaming! Lol
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
lovebear
Registered Users

Re: UPDATE - I need to get a grip and chill out

I know how you feel mama. It's the pregnancy hormones that are acting up and makes us feel easily tired. I used to be like that when I was pregnant with my 2nd. By the way, I visited your kitchen thread and the pictures look good!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebear View Post
I know how you feel mama. It's the pregnancy hormones that are acting up and makes us feel easily tired. I used to be like that when I was pregnant with my 2nd. By the way, I visited your kitchen thread and the pictures look good!
ty i think it has just been overwhelming.... a bit more than I feel like I can handle at moments.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

here's hoping today was better and tomorrow will be twice as good!