Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Medication Issues

It could be your body's response to pain and knowing that something is not right. I would suspect that once you feel better and you're well hydrated that your supply will come back.

Can you talk to an LC while there to see if there's anything else you can do or double check medications with her?

Fenugreek is widely available, but he may find lactation tea easier so I would start there. You could order Fengreek and Hops (etc.) online as well.

Advertisement

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #22
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Jackson MS or New Orleans LA are the closes places I'd find the tea or fenugreek. I live in rural Mississippi.

Just had another ultrasound, tech thought I know and let it slip I had stuff in my uterus from birth still. May explain my crazy bleeding I've been freaking out about that my doc shrugged off at my 6 weeks appt and any other time I've mentioned it. Ugh. Get me out of here! Take my Yankee butt back up north!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #23
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by halielise924 View Post
Jackson MS or New Orleans LA are the closes places I'd find the tea or fenugreek. I live in rural Mississippi.

Just had another ultrasound, tech thought I know and let it slip I had stuff in my uterus from birth still. May explain my crazy bleeding I've been freaking out about that my doc shrugged off at my 6 weeks appt and any other time I've mentioned it. Ugh. Get me out of here! Take my Yankee butt back up north!
Wow. So are they going to do a D&C to get rid of it?
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have yet to have my doctor mention it at all.

I'm gonna have to bring it up. He also mentioned surgery if the current method for my cyst doesn't work but I am gonna have it done in New Orleans instead. My sister Sits in on surgerys in the TN area for covidien so she's doing some doctor leg work for me
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #25
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
They sent me by ambulance to Jackson. Not sure why but its better than the band aid stop I was at.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #26
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel your pain about rural living! I grew up on the Gulf coast of Florida. B and I met in a very uppity area of NC, but after oldest son was born moved back to B's hometown, which is a rinky dink little rural town. WHOA-talk about culture shock, haha. It took me about a year to stop threatening to go back to NC.

When we conceived K here I had such a hard time finding a GOOD doctor. I'm very high risk so I was very careful about doctors, etc. I ended up with one really ****ty one and switched to a doctor with better bedside manner but that almost had be undergo a completely unnecessary c-section on the preface of complete placenta previa...which I find out ONE WEEK before my scheduled c-section and only by chance that I did not have any longer! I found out after my daughter was born that this doctor was "knife happy", probably because it put more money in his pocket. I reported him to my insurance and last I knew they had removed him as a covered doctor. My hospital birth experience was pretty good but PP was a totally different story... completely backwards with certain "policies" and "protocols"-absolutely no respect for the Mom as the MOM.

With Noah, I went to a completely different state, just to find a doctor and hospital that was much for forward and "baby friendly", about an hour away. It was totally worth it though! Best experiences I've had!

It's just scary the lack of quality care around here AND even scarier is that most people don't even know they're getting ****ty care because this is all they've ever known! But then again, I am a very assertive, educated patient.

Last edited by Spunkify; 01-11-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I lived in Asheville nc, what part were you in?

Yeah the hospital is joked that you should walk in and choose Jackson or New Orleans or Baton Rouge and exit immediately haha. They're doing something different here than anything available in BFE
Old 01-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #28
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Update: they put a drain in the abscess. The abscess is between my ovary and Fallopian tube. Apparently the antibiotics won't help unless its drained because the medicine was unable to get in. I'm now 1.5 hours away from my babies and sad and not sure how much longer.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #29
halielise924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Husband found me fenugreek. How many pills a day do I take?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3087889916.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	130001  
Old 01-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #30
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

I've had similar issues. I had a condition of dysautonomia that is helped with steroids, but my cardiologist didn't want to prescribe them. I get adrenal surges, which can be helped by Ativan, but I spent a weekend seeing my PCP's partner and the ER doctor, and they were both like, "Oh, but you're breastfeeding . . . sorry. I can't help you. You should stop breastfeeding."

Finally I called Dr. Hale's hotline and asked about my medications, and I feel very comfortable taking them as needed. I just try to take them when I'm not going to nurse for a long stretch.

http://www.infantrisk.com/content/about-us

Also, just saw about your ordeal. Hope you are on the mend!

Last edited by shan1212; 01-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.
shan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote