Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Migraines!

So I'm 39w and now getting migraines! I've had two since Monday morning and I'm terrified of triggering another one, but I'm not sure what's setting them off. I've never had them before during any of my pregnancies, so on Monday when I got the aura that developed into a headache, I immediately thought pre-e and went in to the OB. But, my bp is fine and I'm not spilling protein, so they said it's "just" a migraine and to take a tylenol. I've been getting contractions with them too and (TMI!!) loose bm's...it's almost like pre-labor or something, but it all just ends with an aching head. Hormones maybe?

I guess this is just a vent more than anything, unless anyone has any advice or experiences to share. I just want to go into labor and be done with all of this!

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Migraines!

I had a bad case of pre-e with my first but didn't get migraines. Hope someone can help!
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've gotten migraines ever since my first pregnancy. Magnesium is supposed to help. I didn't know that until recently, so I just started taking it a few days ago, and I also dropped almost all caffeine at the same time, so I can't really give an accurate report on my own experience yet.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I started getting bad migraines with an aura a LOT when I developed cholestasis. Are you itchy, has your urine changed (mine was dark), bowel movements discolored(light in color), lack appetite?

Migraines aren't listed as a symptom but the rising salts level definitely triggered them for me.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I started getting them when I was pregnant with ds2. Mine are triggered by hormones and caffeine. I've managed to keep them away by limiting caffeine but I always have a few days of them when I'm Pmsing
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Caffine actually helps mine...I have a script for tylonel 3 too...I get them really bad and more frequent when pregnant. Nuts seem to cause mine.and MSG a common food additive. Ask for Dr for a script if they get too bad...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Caffeine helps mine a ton, too. That's why I said that since I went off caffeine, I can't really judge the magnesium's efficiency right now.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the tips, everyone! I called into the doc again today because I've had an episode every day since Monday. I'm waiting to hear back, but the nurse implied I might need to go see my pcm...which would be fine if I had one right now! Some are brief and not too bad, but today's is awful. I can barely see to write this. Baby seems fine, but I am just miserable!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Magnesium....like a truckload. Hope you feel better!!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I had horrific pre-e set in (HELLP syndrome) and had very bad migraines with DS, but they were persistant almost daily throughout the second and third trimester.

So far with this pregnancy, they have been VERY bad headaches but migraines have been warded off with the help off occasional excedrin migraine (approved by my doc for use). It was the only thing that helped with DS as well, and I tried everything to avoid taking meds. Nothing else was working. Usually a coke will help most days now so I've only had to take the excedrin once or twice a week. I have learned to take the dose when I feel it coming on and a coke or snack doesn't ward it off right away. Once I start getting VERY light sensitive (as in have to close all the curtains and shades in the rooms I'm in) I just take it before it progresses. With DS, I was so afraid he was going to grow a second head or something because excedrin is so "not natural" that I would wait to take it until I absolutely had to, which meant I suffered for hours and still ended up taking it. Dr assured me it would be ok so I don't wait this time, and it helps keep me from having them daily.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 01-10-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote