Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #21
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: help!! weird situation w/my kindergartener

As a former K teacher I got things like this a lot! Like other teachers chimed in, I loved all of my students (still do!) and it wouldn't bother me at all.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
nada87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I didn't realize how common it is!! I was homeschooled growing up so I am horrible with things like that.
The thing that bothers me is that she put "do you love me too" I don't want her to be hurt if her teacher doesn't reply. Maybe I will do what another poster said and tell her not to write on her homework and leave it at that.

I FOUND MY RAINBOW, NOW I AM CHASING MY POT OF GOLD
nada87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #23
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

I wouldn't say a thing. I don't think it's even a problem in Kindergarten to do extra writing/scribbling on the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgoodgravy View Post
As a K teacher myself I tell. The kids I love them all of the time because really I do. Now I teach in a very urban area so I don't think they hear it all that often in their home lives. I get love notes too. I proudly hang them on my wall near my desk it makes them so very proud.
Tuesday was my kids' first day back after Christmas. Tuesday afternoon DD told me that her teacher said she missed them all soooo much, and she was so glad to see them again. DD was really happy telling me that; made me happy too!
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nada87 View Post
I didn't realize how common it is!! I was homeschooled growing up so I am horrible with things like that.
The thing that bothers me is that she put "do you love me too" I don't want her to be hurt if her teacher doesn't reply. Maybe I will do what another poster said and tell her not to write on her homework and leave it at that.
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure the teacher will handle it perfectly. She might say something about her good writing and that she loves all her kindergartners. Like the teachers pointed out, it happens a lot so I'm sure the teacher will have no problem giving a reply that will make your daughter happy.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #25
megenic
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't be too concerned about it. My kindergartner is always writing notes and making cards for her teacher that say "I heart you." I'm just glad she loves her teacher because it would be worse if she was writing like "I hate you, go away" or something
Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #26
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I wouldn't be concerned. I was crazy about a lot of my teachers and "loved" them in elementary school. In a mommy/big sister/friend kind of way. Looking back there were a few in high school that touched my life also and one in particular I definitely loved. She was old enough to be my grandma and absolutely wonderful. If it was a 9th grader writing it to a teacher, yes I would say something.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
This.