Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #21
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How mainstream is cloth in your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylady0505 View Post
Hi lol not at all I am in NJ no one has heard of these type of cloth before only old school pins and flats I was shocked
When I came across the wonderful world of cloth diapers when people see them they love them and shocked at same time.
I am from NJ and I know everyone will look at me wierd if I told them. There are a couple of stores though throughout the state and awhile ago there was a neat little store in Red Bank that had everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
we live in massachusetts about 1/2 an hour north of boston and we are odd balls around here...i do not know anyone in real life that cloth diapers or has more than 3 kids and only know 1 person with 3 kids lol. Also I am realizing how extra weird we are because I am having a very hard time finding anyone who homeschools, i cant find any sort of co-op or group! We do not belong here, we want to move sooooo bad!
Western Mass they cd a little more--couple more stores.

AFM I am sure people do it around here Not my town specifically but probably more in the country. But there is only one cd store I think in the my state and not sure if it is B&M but it is pretty far away.

When I started to cd I was surrounded by a ton of women who did so that is how I started my research. I was in WV. Practically all the moms in the breast feeding support group did and it always turned into a cd discussion group There is a store in the town I lived in now.

In NY capital region. I would run into some from time to time at a grocery co-op and I got a ton of responses to my garage sale--people asking for cloth. But I never really hung out with people who did. I think I was always more excited about it then they were

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #22
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

I love in a small Texas town of about 3,500. While tons of people here homeschool, grow their own food, etc., they think cding is crazy. I converted one friend, but all of my others think I'm a loon.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #23
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I see it more here than the other places we've lived. Here you will see a kid here and there at the library or playground wearing cloth. Previous places we lived I never saw it anywhere. Not to say it wasn't around but here it seems like every other time we go somewhere someone is in cloth. We are in Hampton Roads VA which has a heavy military presence and I've found a lot of military families use cloth.
Oh and we have a store here, a well known one, Diaper Junction. Orange Diaper Co is also local.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #24
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not very, we don't have any for sale in stores and we only have a small group of CD moms here. But both the walmart and the other fabric store started carrying pul and cloth diaper design books.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the Colorado Springs area and it's really growing here, probably because we have some crunchier areas, combined with a large military population. We have two B&M stores in Colorado Springs, as well as a FB group for swapping as well. I'm thankful to have such great resources in real life, as well as online!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #26
scorpiox2
Registered Users

My Mood:
I live in the south of France and I only know one other person who cloth diapers. There are no brick and mortar shops nearby. They are all located further up north in the country.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #27
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Oh and we have a store here, a well known one, Diaper Junction. Orange Diaper Co is also local.
That's awesome! Blueberry/Swaddlebeee's is local here and it is nice to not have to pay shipping.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #28
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

not at all- but getting bigger all the time!
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #29
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Not very mainstream here. The nearest B&M store is an hour and a half away. It is Cottonbabies. I have been once. They just don't carry what I use. It was fun to go once but not worth going for what is in stock. They have a better selection online. We did have someone local who unsuccessfully tried to sell cloth. In her words they couldn't even give them away.

I have met 3 mamas locally who cloth at least part time. A friend attempted it for a week. I never see cloth bums out and about unless it is one of those three mamas.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #30
OctBaby
Registered Users
seller

I'm in Dallas and stores are easy to find (buy buy baby sells BG! They're bed bath and beyonds sister store)
OctBaby is offline   Reply With Quote