Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
5under5
Registered Users

Newborn CD help

I used cloth 9 years ago with my oldest two, but started at a few mos old. Recently restarted with my then 18 mos old and now am using cloth with my 2 week old (baby #7). I have a mishmosh of newborn/xs stuff that I've borrowed or bought second hand and am trying to figure out what works. For my older son, we primarily use pockets or AIOs bc DH prefers them, tho I also like fitteds and covers. With the baby, it seems like the fitteds/covers work the best. I have some alva nb pockets and some xs fuzzibunz, but they seem to leak after one pee. I am changing her every time I nurse (1-3 hrs around the clock) but nearly all the time she has already leaked. It's especially frustrating when we are out running errands. What have you found hat works best with a long, skinny baby, esp for slightly longer periods?

Thx!

Advertisement

5under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn CD help

Do the cotton diapers leak, or just the pockets/AIOs? Microfiber does not hold as much liquid IME as cotton, hemp, or bamboo, and it leaks with the slightest pressure (like a sponge would if you push on it), such as from a onesie or carseat. I love love love birdseye cotton diapers (flats or preflats) because they are so absorbant, trim, and unaffected by compression.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Also noticed you said some of the dipes are used. Check how saturated the inserts are in the pockets and AIOs when they leak. The PUL might just have died from the previous user. No biggie, it happens, but frustrating.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
theoriginalpumpkin
Registered Users
seller

We use a prefold with a preemie prefold trifolded on the inside. It has been the best for us this time around.
theoriginalpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote