Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 2012 GMC Yukon XL latch.

You should have plenty of room for seats, you just have limited places that you can put FF harnessed seats. I wish that automakers would acknowledge the importance of tethering and put more tethers in vehicles.

monica-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
She has room for FF seats but like I said it was RFing that was an issue and because she uses radians, RFing in the third row is not possible without the angle adjusters. It sounds crazy but with the Radian it just doesn't work. The car seat back/top hits the middle row seat before the base is even fully on the seat portion of the vehicle seat. The angle adjuster will fix that, but without it its a no go.

The other complete pain is that the second row head rests are not adjustable (or removable) going over top of the headrest wasn't working well either. I can't remember what our exact issue was......maybe they were too tall or the strap liked to slide to the side. Can't remember so you have to fight a fierce fight to get the strap under the headrest. It is a super tight fit to try to squeeze your hand under and you can't do it without a lot of discomfort.

I just found all of this surprising since you would think a 9 pass SUV would be a little more well suited to families, after all I think that's one of their target demographics.
Supermom, living the good and simple life, trying to remember how fortunate I am.
TheGreenBee is offline   Reply With Quote