Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
1 dozen each (for a 1 yr old?)

so.. this is sort of a silly question, but i really am having a CD dilema...

i need to get new CD'd for DS... but i cant decide how much of each, i really like things the same, but i like using a variety of prefolds, flats, and fitteds...
DS is 1 yr old now

i really want 2 dozen of each, which 6 dozen diapers total seems outrageous (well i am needing to think about this economically, if money wasnt a facot this wouldnt be an issue for me, id get 2 dozen each and be done...)
so im trying to tell myself 1 dozen of each is enough, but part of me is saying that it isnt enough, lol idk if it is my love for fluff telling me that or i actually will need that many, i was every other dat, or every couple days...

sorry for the sillyness, can someone push me one way or the other so i can get over it, order my cd's and try to be content for once..im so tired of trying to things destashing, restashing, worrying about selling to have pp to get new stuff... i will probably still add to my wool stash for fun but im tired of doing this with my cd's, i want to be content!!

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
hollydawn
Registered Users
seller

Re: 1 dozen each (for a 1 yr old?)

6 dozen is a crazy amount for a one year old. Unless you have the space for it. I have about 30 dipes for my 15 month old and it is more than enough. I think two dozen total would be plenty for us.

If you want to keep the numbers even (which I totally get ) I would get a doz of each or even 10 of each.
hollydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry to tell you the bad news but 3 dozen diapers is enough lol!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma
so.. this is sort of a silly question, but i really am having a CD dilema...

i need to get new CD'd for DS... but i cant decide how much of each, i really like things the same, but i like using a variety of prefolds, flats, and fitteds...
DS is 1 yr old now

i really want 2 dozen of each, which 6 dozen diapers total seems outrageous (well i am needing to think about this economically, if money wasnt a facot this wouldnt be an issue for me, id get 2 dozen each and be done...)
so im trying to tell myself 1 dozen of each is enough, but part of me is saying that it isnt enough, lol idk if it is my love for fluff telling me that or i actually will need that many, i was every other dat, or every couple days...

sorry for the sillyness, can someone push me one way or the other so i can get over it, order my cd's and try to be content for once ..im so tired of trying to things destashing, restashing, worrying about selling to have pp to get new stuff... i will probably still add to my wool stash for fun but im tired of doing this with my cd's, i want to be content!!
Reading your post, it looks to me like you've already made up your mind and you would stop if you had 2 dz of each so I say work up to that. It may take a bit since finances are an issue, but it sounds like you'll stay restless about it until you achieve 2 dz of each. That being said, yes, I think 1 dz would be perfectly suitable.

I was the same way, I *know* the number I wanted was WAY too much but I just couldn't stop thinking that if I just had that many that I'd be done. Well, I went ahead and got how much I wanted and now I'm completely satisfied with my stash, even though I know I don't need anywhere near that many and could probably diaper twins (4 dz large flats, plus prefolds, other flats, and 1 dz fitteds ). We double up on everything due to DD being a heavy wetter so the number of changes is about half that though. I really wanted enough to be able to use only one type for a day or two if I wanted. We're on our first baby so I'll be able to just pass them down, or at least that's how I'm rationalizing it to myself. I'm also rationalizing that bigger stash = longer lasting diapers and less wear and tear. Now to just list everything I don't want in FSOT...

Last edited by FriedaT; 01-11-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Edited to fix my HTML from trying to bold on my phone
FriedaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
this.. even for a newborn three dozen can ussually work. 1.5- 2dozen diapers was really enough for us past a year washing every 2-3 days.
3 dozne is a very comfortable amount allowing for flexibility without going too much over the top.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
I agree!

I actually only use the same dozen diapers over & over again for my 20 month old... and where OS fitteds and your flats will probably last, at some point you might need to size up in prefolds again!

I had this obsession this summer/fall though where I wanted a dozen of everything= a dozen AIOs, a Dozen hybrids, a dozen fitteds.... and I talked myself down to 6 prefolds! It was nice over the summer, but DS's needs have changed a lot and it quickly became far too many diapers. I could probably survive off 2 dozen, and need to destash some of my fitteds...
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedaT View Post
Reading your post, it looks to me like you've already made up your mind and you would stop if you had 2 dz of each so I say work up to that. It may take a bit since finances are an issue, but it sounds like you'll stay restless about it until you achieve 2 dz of each. That being said, yes, I think 1 dz would be perfectly suitable.

I was the same way, I *know* the number I wanted was WAY too much but I just couldn't stop thinking that if I just had that many that I'd be done. Well, I went ahead and got how much I wanted and now I'm completely satisfied with my stash, even though I know I don't need anywhere near that many and could probably diaper twins (4 dz large flats, plus prefolds, other flats, and 1 dz fitteds ). We double up on everything due to DD being a heavy wetter so the number of changes is about half that though. I really wanted enough to be able to use only one type for a day or two if I wanted. We're on our first baby so I'll be able to just pass them down, or at least that's how I'm rationalizing it to myself. I'm also rationalizing that bigger stash = longer lasting diapers and less wear and tear. Now to just list everything I don't want in FSOT...
lol you are so right...i feel like u understand me!!! lol
i will work up to what i want for now, unless i happen to win the lottery

thank you everyone for your input, sometimes i seem to have the silliest dilemas that i need ur help for