Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Pinterest inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
Problem I have with so many of these kind of pictures is that they side rail me from minimizing, instead putting focus on cute organizing! I love the cute wall hangings, decorations, nick knack on bookshelves, playroom storage solutions, but in all honesty id rather have it gone than organized!
Yep, I agree., I tend to just use pinterest as a fun thing, pretty pictures to look at but I rarely actually do anything from it and somedays it makes my head spin looking at all the colours and nicknacks.

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #12
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have a 'minimalist' board, but I have one for 'clean/organize' and one for 'dwell'
http://pinterest.com/pgkcb13/
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152 View Post
I love the photo of the kitchen cabinet organized with glass jars filled with baking items. I am unsure how practical that is, but it definitely looks lovely.
I do this, but not in a blog-looking way. I use regular Ball/Kerr wide mouth canning jars with the white screw on lids. I use painter's tape to label them which doesn't look cute, but I LOVE how the tape can be thrown out and everything can be washed in the dishwasher and is interchangeable. No more looking for the right lid size/shape. They also work in the fridge for storing leftovers, in the microwave (minus the lid) for reheating and in the freezer. I even use them to bring my lunch to work. I don't do regular canning, but like how I can do that with these jars when the time comes. Hopefully it'll be this year if I can get a good garden going.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #14
texanromaniac
Registered Users

I don't really have a board that is truly minimalist, unless you count my Project 333 & Project 36/365 board...which is just minimalist clothing-wise...but here is a pin I posted about my kiddo's minimalist wardrobe.

http://pinterest.com/pin/141370875774304684/
texanromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #15
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
Problem I have with so many of these kind of pictures is that they side rail me from minimizing, instead putting focus on cute organizing! I love the cute wall hangings, decorations, nick knack on bookshelves, playroom storage solutions, but in all honesty id rather have it gone than organized!
Yes! I go back and forth between wanting to decorate and wanting to get rid of everything in site, lol!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
ZnBmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
Yes! I go back and forth between wanting to decorate and wanting to get rid of everything in site, lol!
DITTO!!

Hunting and pecking for fresh baby and children's deals! Follow me! CheapMamaChick on Facebook
& Cheapmamachick.com
ZnBmama is offline   Reply With Quote