Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #21
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New Grovia Prefolds vs Flips Organic Insert??

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
I use medium imagine bamboo prefolds on the middle snap rise of flip & BG 4.0. Perfect fit. Testing the imagine bamboo flats in there now. But yes the folding. I'll admit though after just a dozen, I was fast!
Well i got some of the flats recently and just love them. They work so great and are so soft. I have been agonizing over getting mroe of them or getting the prefolds. I cannot pull the trigger. I seriously need help! Lol. I never really liked prefolds in pockets as inserts bc they dont lay flat. Do the bamboo lay flatter than traditional cotton prefolds? Its like...do i want super smooth trim insert or do i want to not have to fold? Decisions decisions. Which do u think is more absorbant? Maybe that will be the deciding factor. I just posted on the other thread. Im gonna bug everybody till i decide.

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #22
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Okay you guys got me interested. My 3 year old has been leaking out of his night time diaper this week - it stinks he goes a week almost dry - then a week of flooding. We use a BG 4.0 mf and a med jb hemp. Do you think the grovia prefold, imagine med or lg bamboo prefold or the thirties hemp sz 2 prefolds would absorb more? Maybe still with the jb hemp as well?

I haven't used much bamboo. the only doubler I have hasn't impressed me, but it also isn't very big.
I don't have the GroVia, but I'm assuming its similar to the Imagine's absorbency which is awesome BTW. I use a large (blue edge) in my 3 year old's 4.0s during the day. Heavy wetter. I think the Thirsties holds just a little bit more and is trimmer than the bamboo prefolds. I would do either the thirsties or large imagine prefold and the JB still pretty trim.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #23
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat View Post
I haven't used GroVia's, but I'm sure its a great product. I do like the Imagine's better though for trifolding because of the shorter length. If I was going to pin snappi I'd go with GroVia because I believe they are the standard length. I heart my imagines.
nope, GroVias are the right lengths for trifolding, and also the right width for the snappi!

I have a size 3 that I've had since October or November (I can't recall exactly) DS was on the mid-rise at 22 pounds, and I snappied it on him, he's now 26 pounds and I can't snappi it on him anymore but it trifolds perfectly with the rise let out all the way.

so for pockets, or one size covers trifolding you want size 1 -2 -3 matching the rise settings I have used the GroVia prefold alone at night many times, however, I don't think adding a doubler or booster at night ever hurts!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #24
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou

nope, GroVias are the right lengths for trifolding, and also the right width for the snappi!

I have a size 3 that I've had since October or November (I can't recall exactly) DS was on the mid-rise at 22 pounds, and I snappied it on him, he's now 26 pounds and I can't snappi it on him anymore but it trifolds perfectly with the rise let out all the way.

so for pockets, or one size covers trifolding you want size 1 -2 -3 matching the rise settings I have used the GroVia prefold alone at night many times, however, I don't think adding a doubler or booster at night ever hurts!
But the size 3's cant be trifolded into a flip on middle setting?what if u turn them the other way and fold?