Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Econobum vs Kawaii cover

How do these compare? I have Econobum and don't care for them, would I not like Kawaii either? They look a lot a like.

Advertisement

Last edited by MrsAsh; 01-11-2013 at 07:58 AM.
MrsAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Econobum vs Kawaii cover

ive never tried kawaii but i have tried econobum, i liked econobum for little babies but since only 1 row of snaps there was major wing droop on bigger babies!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Smile Re: Econobum vs Kawaii cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
ive never tried kawaii but i have tried econobum, i liked econobum for little babies but since only 1 row of snaps there was major wing droop on bigger babies!
Same here with the Econobum, I have 32, 28, and 17 pounders now. When the 17 lber was smaller they were OK over our fitteds, never have liked the fit over PFs.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Kawaii were very similar to the bummis sww IMO, cut and martial wise. I had the Velcro in them, and it was pretty strong. The econobum covers are much thinner and more flexible..just fit differently too. They're trimmer and give less coverage (just a teensy bit) than kawaii)
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
vansen19
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

econobum is best with snappi'd prefold/flat, whereas kawaii's are my go-to cover for padfolding flats with my ds 28 lbs and dd 18 lbs, both are on second/medium setting. it has a front flap with textured inner, sandwiched TPU similar to bummis sww's sandwiched PUL. but kawaii's do not provide full cut coverage that majority fitted dipes need, so i use pull up nylon covers, fleece soakers or meafs with my fitteds.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had both and did not care for the Kawaii. They seemed very small across the front to me and just barely fit my 30lber. (I tried them with flip organics and pad folded flats.) They were very soft though, which is nice.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the input mamas! Any more?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I have both. The econobum cover fits much bigger and will cover a fitted diaper 9as others have said) but is all exposed PUL, thinner, and no flaps.

I liked the Kawaii cover better as it has thicker PUl that is lined with a mesh, so no plasticy feel against baby and less slippage and bunching of trifolded inserts, together with the flap (which was decent). It was good for trifolding, and I would recommend it for those looking for something affordable for smaller babies. Snaps seems stronger on the Kawaii as well, but they only fit my son until 22 lbs, as very low rise.

I get major wing droop and bunching with the econobum cover and have it under the seat in my car as an emergency use thing only. Plus it's so thin I just hate how you can see everything that is underneath it and it makes your kid look dirty/smudged because of that.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst View Post
I have both. The econobum cover fits much bigger and will cover a fitted diaper 9as others have said) but is all exposed PUL, thinner, and no flaps.

I liked the Kawaii cover better as it has thicker PUl that is lined with a mesh, so no plasticy feel against baby and less slippage and bunching of trifolded inserts, together with the flap (which was decent). It was good for trifolding, and I would recommend it for those looking for something affordable for smaller babies. Snaps seems stronger on the Kawaii as well, but they only fit my son until 22 lbs, as very low rise.

I get major wing droop and bunching with the econobum cover and have it under the seat in my car as an emergency use thing only. Plus it's so thin I just hate how you can see everything that is underneath it and it makes your kid look dirty/smudged because of that.
Since these would be used on my 17 lber, prob won't last long sounds like.

Agree with the seeing through the Econobum, our very pale colored Snappis were like glowing under there.

Sounding like sticking to my fav Flips is the way to go. That Zebra stripe Kawaii is pretty cute though